Hi everyone

yellow1219

I just received an unfinished dollhouse kit this past week from a generous family in my community. It was a dollhouse shell kit manufactured by Houseworks called the Brittany. It is colonial style. I think it is about 20 years old. Has anyone ever heard of it or completed it? This is my first attempt at dollhouses. I always wanted one as a little girl and now I am making it for my 5 year old niece. She is very excited.

Hi, Mary, and welcome to the forum.

I just received an unfinished dollhouse kit this past week from a generous family in my community. It was a dollhouse shell kit manufactured by Houseworks called the Brittany. It is colonial style. I think it is about 20 years old. Has anyone ever heard of it or completed it? This is my first attempt at dollhouses. I always wanted one as a little girl and now I am making it for my 5 year old niece. She is very excited.
The Houseworks houses alwas looked so cute to me, but I never built one. YOU always wanted a dollhouse? OK, building for your niece is a nice start, but which houses do you plan to build for Mary? Hey, I understand about these things, I built my first kit for our eldest granddaughter.

We are helpful, so feel free to ask any & all questions, and never let not knowing how to do something stop you! Either someone has done it, or there's a link or book somewhere.

Hi Mary - welcome to the forum! :lol:

Yes, there are dollhouses of many shapes and sizes here. Just take a look through the galleries and blogs to find all kinds of fantastic tips and ideas! Also, feel free to ask any questions you may have - big or small - because the online discussions that result are helpful and interesting to us all! The members and staff are always eager to help with advice, useful links, pics, etc.

Were you given the instructions with the unfinished shell of the Brittany? I'm not familiar with that dh, but someone else probably is!

Hello and welcome to the forum. My first real build was for me but now my grand-daughter has it so I can build something else. She has 4 that I've built, 1 for me that I gave to her, 2 built for her and 1 for her ferrett.

Welcome to the forum!

I think you have a rare house and I would do it for myself...LOL

but since the neice is already excited I know you and she will have the most wonderful memories

and really that is what its all about!

Well if I am successful at this one I might like to do a small cottage on a 1/2" or 1/4 " scale so it can fit in my bedroom. Has anyone here completed these sizes?

I have done a house in each scale along with various other projects.

I really like full scale the best but my 2nd favorite is 1/144th scale other known as Micro or dollhouse for the dollhouse size!

just think how many your could build with that scale!

Happy Building!

nutti :hug: