Tools and tips???

Bitsy

I haven't seen them at Micheal's either, but I have seen it at the Wisconsin Craft Market for $26. I'm going to try eBay first though to see if I can get it cheaper (crossing my fingers).

Micro Mark sells their "Miter Master" for less than US$21, but shipping is US$8.95. I try to wait to work up a multi-item order so I don't feel like I'm spending so much on the shipping. I have been pleased with the service, too. You have to watch them for specials, though, as I think their regular prices tend to run a tad high.

One other thing you can do. I have a Dremel tablesaw and will probably make a sliding table for it with fixed 45 angle so I can cut mitres

To make one take a piece of plywod of convenient size and put 2 hardwood runners to fit the table slots. For the angle guides take a piece of wood cut to exactly 45 and place one on each side of the blade

Ed

That's GREAT Ed!! Now I will be taking notes about the different things you can use a dremel on.

My Mom just told me that her and my Dad bought me a New Dremel and that my Dad told her it would meak my dollhouse buildnig easier. The first thing she said is, "you know being your mother I know how clumsy you are and I won't give this to you unless you promise not to use it if Chris (my hubby) is not at home" :D

I guess she knows me well because that is why I have always stayed away from power tools LOL.

I can't wait to see and get it though!

:o

The Easy-Cutter is on my wish list! I'm tired of using an x-acto knife . . . it's hard work!

The problem with the Easy-Cutter is that, IMO, it is NOT suitable for heavier woods (such as a crown molding). The blade is too thick AND wedge-shaped -- this causes the wood to push away and you cannot get a straight cut. Not a big issue for thinner woods, but you cannot make a tightly mitred joint using it on "thicker" pieces.

I LOVE my mitre box and saw. :D

Then again, when working in 1/144 (and wood strips thinner than card stock), I use my paper-mitre -- http://www.microjivvy.com/45degrees.html

Cheap AND easy. :o

I saw a neat little " 4" " cut off saw at Harbor Freight. I bet I can make a neat little power mitre saw out of it. It looks like it takes the same blades as the old Dremel 580 Table Saw whick I would use right now once I make a sliding table for it or buy the one from MicrooMark

If you like to make dollhouse furniture from scratch the dremel 580 table saw is a wonderful thing.

I wonder how small I can make box joints with that setup. 1/8 router bit in the dremel is still kind of coarse for finger/box joints scales out ti 1 1/2 in 1" scale even in Barbie Scale it is a little heavy looking if you are making desk accessories like letter trays but would probably look ok for drawer boxes etc

Ed

I've gotten more progress done with the Emerson Row, although not as much as I need to have done. I even posted them in the gallery.

However, the gallery runs in reverse order. Why is that? Is there a way to fix it?

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...album&album=109

I really like your paperclay brickwork. Great job!

However, the gallery runs in reverse order. Why is that? Is there a way to fix it?

I've been wondering about that question with regards to the blog entries, too.

Thanks Holly, Terri, Melanie and Nutti! I'm having fun with it so far. Trying to get it finished. Hubby's not here to help ...

Looks like I'm doing this one on my own, LOL!

Nutti, whenever you're ready to learn, just fly yourself into NC!

errrmmmm this nut dont fly :lol:

but thanks anywhooo

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate flying too Nutti! Well, anyway, if you're driving through NC, call me and we'll get together! And if you don't believe me, just ask Calamari!

I definitley join in the rest saying it is stunning work. What a great idea to brick it and I love the colour effects yoy achieved when painten them :lol: :) even if tht must have taken some time to do???

OK I better get DH moving on with this moving things around as far as my craftroom and TV room etc so that I can get my houses in their new surrounding to see if there isn't a good spot for an Emerson as well :lol: :D I think there will be....

Super job Linda, I am just a teeny bit jelous LOL and I really enjoy the possibility to follow the construction of it, Internet is such a great help in learning a nd sharing, yay!

Hugs

Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh. That is some seriously cool brickwork! I can't wait to see this house evolve. It's gorgeous!

I've been wondering about that backwards posting in the gallery too. I couldn't figure out a way to flip the album either.

Deb

Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.  That is some seriously cool brickwork!  I can't wait to see this house evolve.  It's gorgeous!

I've been wondering about that backwards posting in the gallery too.  I couldn't figure out a way to flip the album either.

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like Deb said LOL, I go back whenever I land in the sofa to just sit and watch it, it looks great!

As for the posting in the gallery, I think it is set up to sort from oldest to the newest, I can be wrong here???

Hugs