New member from Sweden

Phenizia

Hi!

I live in Sweden with my boyfriend, my 10 yr old daughter and two cats. Im just in the progress of building my first Greenleaf house, the Orchid Cottage. It all started this summer when I got the idea to build myself a dollhouse from scratch. Which I did, but when I started to decorate it I longed for a house with straight walls and correct angles/corners :cheer: and I started to search for a dollhouse kit. I really wanted to build alot of it myself, I like the carpentry part and got a tip that Greenleaf had what I was looking for.

I fell inlove with the Beacon Hill but realized quickly that I should begin with something smaller :lol: I orderd a Orchid Cottage!

It's about 3 week since I got the kit and I've been inlove, hated, giggled, cursed (alot) but over all it's been a great time and Im now addicted. Next one will definetly be a bigger house! :wave:

I got a website that shows mine and my daughter's homemade dollhouses. (its in swedish) www.phenizia.net

I havent had time to update the site with pictures of my Orchid, but here is two pictures Ive uploaded a while ago to show my family:

http://phenizia.net/images/fefe/DSC00571.J...-web-NORMAL.jpg

http://phenizia.net/images/fefe/DSC00570.J...-web-NORMAL.jpg

I've finished the porch and some of the trims and now Im trying to figure out how to finish the shingles on the roof! I really want to stain them but there is sooo many of them and it will take forever. Ive read that some people stain all of them at once by putting them in a 'bath of stain'. I might try that but I'm afraid the shape of the shingles will get all curled when they get wet.

Ill try to get some more recent pictures of my baby orchid :cheer:

// Sofia

Hello and welcome/Välkommen !!!!

Nice to see another Swedish member around here! I know you will have lots and lots of fun around here, fidnign extended family memebers and friends!

Hugs

Thank you :please:

I've now managed to update my site with pictures of my Orchid. I'ts comming along pretty good expect that I've realized Shingles is my biggest enemy at the moment, but Im so going to win this battle Sofia Vs. Shingles! :D

You orchid is coming around beautifully. I saw your bigger house also and love it. Nice and roomy. Even with the angles not quite right(as you said) it looks fantastic. I'd keep working on it.

Welcome and I hope you love it here as much as I do.

Sofia, the Orchid is lovely! I especially like the big room on the second floor, with the pinkish-purplish color tone. Regarding the shingles, the procrastinator in me advises you to cover the roof with fake snow for now. Then worry about it in the spring!

• 8 months later...

Hi again! :flowers:

Ive had a long "break" from my dollhouse and everything along with it, but now Im back at it! My Orchid was finished but I wasnt pleased with it at all, and Im in the work of redoing it. The old look you can see at my website. Ill add new pictures in a few days with the new look <_<

Ive also bought a new house, Storybook Cottage, that should arrive beginning of next week! Im very excited about it but would like to finish my Orchid first. (Which most likely wont happen :unsure: )

Anyway I used my old thread to do my Hi Im new thread as I wasnt here for that long before took a break from it.

I think the Orchid looks nice the way you did it - I'm curious to see what changes you've made, Sofia. :flowers:

I like the bathroom colours!

Here's a quick link to the Orchid page on your website for everyone to check it out:

http://www.phenizia.net/orchidcottage.html

Sofia, I was looking at your website - lots of lovely work there! On the decoupage page there is a dark blue box with an oval picture of cherubs on clouds. I think that picture would look beautiful on a dollhouse bedroom ceiling.

:flowers:

Where did you find it?

http://www.phenizia.net/orchidcottage.html

Thank you for posting a quick link :flowers: I'll try to make a gallery with a few new pictures of the makeover!

All the decoupage boxes are made by my sister, I think she got the picture from a paper-napkin. I know she uses them alot when decoupaging stuff