Halloween by the Book

kellee

WOW, and Thank You Deb.!!!

My boys participated in a Reading Program at the beginning of the summer and recieved these types of Books for the prize. Well, the books have been tossed around and tossed into the thrift store box.! I just dug them out and I will be going thru my stash and when the boys get home from school everyday we will work on making a Halloween scene with those books.!

Thank You so much.!

Kellee

How Cool! The book idea can be used for ANY theme too! Wow Deb, thanks to you, I see these books in a new light!

Lynette's "How To" gave me the creepy crawlies :) !

Anna, My goodness! I never knew how pretty you were & Congratulations on being MOM! I also love your "how to" !

Congrats to Tank also!!

This was another Great Issue B)

Deb! You are the greatest! Thank you! I can see all kinds of themes in those books, and when closed can just look like a book on a bookshelf! I must get one! I must get two! I must get a whole bunch of them!

Wolfie

when the boys get home from school everyday we will work on making a Halloween scene with those books.!

What a great idea Kellee! The boys will love it! Be sure to post pictures when they're done so we can see them!

I must get one! I must get two! I must get a whole bunch of them!

I tend to pick up a couple of those books whenever I'm in Michael's and think about it. They are just the coolest to have on hand for a "spur of the moment" project. Actually, the tutorial was just supposed to be on how to make tattered, spooky curtains, but y'all know how that can turn out. I was digging thru my stash for the window frame, then I saw the book......and then the rats and cats....and, well, one thing led to another and there was a whole book. The thing I like best about it is that no matter what theme you use, you can usually find everything you need for it already in your stash. I've done several of them and didn't have to get anything new and it only takes a couple of hours from start to finish.

The book idea can be used for ANY theme too!

The possiblities are endless for themes. Here's a couple others that I've done for those who haven't seen them.

post-329-1190865378_thumb.jpg post-329-1190865368_thumb.jpg

Deanna, the books are from Michael's. I'm not sure if Hobby Lobby carries them or not.

Lynette's "How To" gave me the creepy crawlies :p !

Anna, My goodness! I never knew how pretty you were & Congratulations on being MOM! I also love your "how to" !

I was soooooooooo thrilled when Nutti offered to do the ghost in the wall tutorial! I think that's one of the coolest halloween minis ever and was dying to know how she did it! Anna's teapot tutorial is just awesome! I'm clay-challenged, but I *so* want to get some fimo now and give it a try. I think if I follow her excellent instructions, I'll be able to do it too!

Deb

Loved the Sept. Gazette! The tutorials were all very inspiring, and I must try the pumpkin teapot. :p Congratulations, Anna!

What a cute little ferret Tank is. He must think every dh is just another playpen for him. :p

Some people in the mini club I attend had done the book scenes - but Deb made them extra-special. The backdrops make the space "real". I hadn't even thought about a Hallowe'en themed one!

Nutti's ghost is so effective - I've been trying to think of how to do one, and hers has definitely given me some ideas.

Thanks for another jam-packed issue!

We have been inundated with cute pictures of catbabies taking over the dhs, what a nice surprise to see how the ferretbabies play with them, too! I haven't seen the books at Michael's, either, Deanna. I didn't find my 1-pound box of white Sculpey III, either, so I have a nice excuse to check other stores! Anna, it's so nice to see your smiling face, and congratulations on being MOM! Deb, you have done it again!

Excellent idea! Thank you so much for sharing it. I've been struggling with an inexpensive way to create Quilt Shops for my mother and aunt for Christmas and every room box I see is just a tad too pricey for what I'm looking to do.

Thank you thank you! :p

Tiffany*

how wonderful to get on and find the New Gazette!

Deb the other night when you had to LOL at my blue paperplates because thats what you were using....because this is what I have been working on.....post-9-1190928553_thumb.jpg

too funny! although it wasnt till I made the ghost on his wall for the tut that I had thoughts of adding him to the book!

post-9-1190928724_thumb.jpg

it was so nice to hear all about Anna! I really enjoy the member of the month colum!

thanks guys! another great job!

nutti :banana:

The gazette was great as always Deb :) . It was really nice reading about Anna, congrats to you for being MOM. All the tutorials and ideas were wonderful. And congrats to the critter of the month he's so cute sitting there saying 'hey us ferrets need a home too' :banana: .

Great Gazette!

Deb, thanks so much for the book idea. I've got one of those books and have been trying to think what I'd like to do with it. Nutti, love the ghost! Congratulations to Tank - you're sure a cutie-pie. Anna, congratulations on being MOM - you are a pretty lady.

-Susanne

Deb the other night when you had to LOL at my blue paperplates because thats what you were using....because this is what I have been working on

That's just too funny Nutti! I told you we were really in sync that night! I just didn't know how much in sync we were! Great minds really do think alike.

Deb

:) thank you all!! Theresa did such a wonderful jo in the writing I had a little moment there before getting it in my mind that it was all about me LOL and as for the teapot one can make most any shape reallyt, I have a glkow in the dark ghost shaped teapot in the making right now, then there are the bell peppers (just squash the was ball so that it is slightly square) garlic/onion etc etc..... ANd one doesn't have to make them openable either, one can just go ariound the top edges with the craft knife to make the impression that it is a removable lid.

Tank was so sweet in the pic and well what can I say botht he ghost through the wall and the book scene are truly inspirational as well, now to see what I might end up with...

Hugs and thanks again!!!!

I'm way behind in adding my thanks for another great newsletter, Deb ... but it's no less appreciated for the delay! Each issue has such a nice balance in its content. Many thanks to you and all of the contributors! :)