!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!!

nuttiwebgal

Thanks everyone! I thought I wasn't going to get a surprise, because I told hubby I wanted the new (well, it's not new, it's pretty old) buffet/sideboard for my birthday (which he bought). But then he came home for lunch with more jewelry for me, gift wrapped too, LOL!

Thanks again everyone! I've been a very lucky girl today! Not only did I get the buffet/sideboard and chairs that I wanted (link here if you want to see: http://community.webshots.com/album/488945129kwgkOq, and the jewelry, but I got taken out to dinner by three handsome men (hubby and the sons), and when I got home I had a birthday cake too! I was so surprised! I never get a birthday cake!

Calamari needed a nudge to face the day.

The sideboard is 1920s-ish "Tudorbethan" -- it's a romantic revival of Tudor and/or Elizabethan styles.

The chairs are harder to place. Carved roses on the top rail start appearing with Rococo Revival in the 1860s, but those chairs would have had rounded tops, not squared. My thought is 1940s because there was a sort of "return to tradition" movement then that wasn't entirely Colonial.

Happy birthday, Linda!

Yes ... the sideboard looks a lot like Tudor, that was my first thought too. It's a very special antique!

Thanks for the info, calamari!

I wish you a lot of fun with your new furniture, Linda! And happy Birthday again! :blink: