Hello from (England)UK

Hi Fellow Miniaturists I have been collecting for 20 years and love the Tudor style houses. The full size Houses are made from oak beams traditonaly plastered with Daub and wattle, This is a mixture of clay mud straw and animal waste from the rear end. Luckily my mini houses are easier to build and not so smelly.Essex in England have hundreds of these houses still in use from the 14th and 15th century. Im glad I found this forum plenty of help and advice .Happy Days

Linda

www.minibijou.com

Welcome to our "little" family on the web, Linda. I used polyfilla for the daub & wattle on my Glencroft's second floor exterior, as well as for the interior "plaster". I apologize for cracking wise in your swap subforum post, I did think at first that your shop photo was an incredibly wonderful roombox!

Linda,

Welcome!

The house on your website is beautiful. I love daub and waddle house, both full sized and miniature. I have a friend in Whales that actually lives in one, her thatch is full of some sort of tiny endangered species bats. I have thought more than once about building one but my thatching skills leave something to be desired.

I have to admit some envy. All the best dollhouse DYI stuff I see is from the UK. I have a friend in the UK who got to know the location of many doll shops because I send her to buy things for me when she used to drive all over to dog shows. The postage is so high now that I seldom can justify this indulgence anymore.

Welcome to the Forum!

I doo so love to look at the cottages of old for inspiration! I love the look and feel of this. how lucky to live near or in such a home!

glad you joined in!

are you working on anything in particular?

nutti :wave:

Welcome to the Forum!

I doo so love to look at the cottages of old for inspiration! I love the look and feel of this. how lucky to live near or in such a home!

glad you joined in!

are you working on anything in particular?

nutti :ohyeah:

At the moment I am refurbishing an old 1950's dolls house, this is the first time I have done this and I am trying to create a thached roof using modeling plaster. I plan to post a process of this on my website in the near future.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

The full size Houses are made from oak beams traditonaly plastered with Daub and wattle, This is a mixture of clay mud straw and animal waste from the rear end. Luckily my mini houses are easier to build and not so smelly.

www.minibijou.com

Wow well i just learned something new! Huh! who would of thought houses were built with animal waste! First time I hear about that. Well anyway LOL welcome to the neighbourhood, hope u have lots of fun here!