Hello from VA

:groucho: Hi, while new to building, not to languishing over the beauty of dollhouses/miniatures for the past 30 years. I have committed to get my dollhouse and stop wishing. Having a 3yo granddaughter made me realize this is something to pass on to her. My mother built her first dollhouse at age 60 (so I'm not too late). I look forward to the assistance and guidance of seasoned builders/collectors. Evelyn

Hi and :groucho: ! What house did you get/are getting? It is never too late to start building dollhouses. It is so much fun. I hope you enjoy making your first one.

:unsure:

Welcome! What house are you going make? I am also working on my first dollhouse and I must say that joining this form was the best thing I could have done. Everyone is so helpfull an dso friendly! It is great to have so many experts willing to help you out.

I think it is great you are trying something new, it keeps us young to be constanly learning new things!

Hi Evelyn, and welcome!

Can't wait to hear which house you'll choose first. I say "first" because they are addictive! This is a great place - everyone here is so helpful and nice. In what part of the state do you live? I am from central VA. We have a couple of nice dh shops here.

Keep us posted on your new house! :)

Traci

Welcome to the forum!

it is never too late to build a first dollhouse.

and a 3 yr old grandaughter is a great reason to do it!

may I suggest the Magnolia as a first kit for you and a nice size dollhouse for a lil sweetie!

there are several of us with young granddaughters

mine is 2 and she is her Nannies girl!

nutti :w00t:

several of us with young granddaughters
I built two for my older granddaughter, who has finished her freshman year at university. Now I have one who is just four months old (we're going back to spoil her some more next month) and I'm not sure which one I'll give her first...