Hello All!

Hi Everyone!

I've been a member for over a year now, but I've been quite the lurker! However, over the past few weeks, my obsession with my miniatures has resurfaced again! I've been reading posts and really enjoying this community, and have been spending some relaxing time after work every day working on my current dollhouse project. I have a six year old son that has to help me whenever I tinker with my project. It's become a great bonding time with him!

I'm going to have to take some pictures of my house in progress and upload it.

So I thought I'd finally say an official "Hello".

~ :) Tina

Hello and Welcome Tina! Don't be shy with the photos! We all want to see them! Children are wonderful helpers! They love to learn from you too, and it's a fun way to teach a child not only the intricies of dollhouse buidling, but also safety and how to handle tools and such. You have a wonderful opportunity there!

Good luck!

Wolfie

Hi Wolfie! Thanks for the welcome. Just looked at your site...very lovely dolls! You are very talented. (and I love wolves too!)

I'm going to make a point to try to take some photos of my house this weekend.

I work from home and am getting quite distracted right now with reading posts! Oh well, it's Friday though, right? :)

~ Tina

TGIF Tina, TGIF!!! I used to work from home too and before that 65 miles one way from home. I appreciate your efforts! It's not easy being a mom, working (even from home) and trying to burn candles. I burn many candles at one time at both ends.......it catches up sometimes! Thanks for visiting my site. I love what I do!

Wolfie

It is hard at times to balance everything -- working, mom, housekeeping, 2 dogs, trying to maintain sanity, etc -- and working from home does require discipline (which I'm having a problem with today...:unsure: ). I know about the 65 mile commute bit! For my last job (and my previous ones too), I had about the same! Awful! Spent almost an hour & 1/2 commuting each way! Precious time that can be spent playing with my dollhouse!

Hi Tracy!

I'm currently working on The San Franciscan (that I bought years ago!) and am about 3/4 of the way done with the exterior. The interior is only about 1% done.

I also built a "shell" for a miniature shop that I plan to tackle in the future. It's going to be one of those cute Shabby Chic shops. This one is primarily a roombox that will fit nicely on a book shelf.

Also, I just bought a couple of weeks ago (when HBS had their 50% sale) The Fairfield. This is going to be 1st attempt at 1/2 scale. I thought it would be fun to try. I don't have any furniture or accessories in that size, but that will be part of the fun. Will try to make alot of things, too. This is going to be a fun summer project. I have visions of tinkering with it on the table on my back deck outside, since it's more compact. :unsure:

~Tina

Sounds like the two of you are going to have a wonderful time working together - and oh, what marvellous childhood memories he'll have!

I had a look at the pics - it's coming along beautifully. I see it pays to have good help! :unsure:

Welcome back from lurkerdom!

The San Fransician is one Dracraft house that I would love to build....and that is saying ALOT

I used to have drool fest at HL when they carried them and had one on display.

you are doing a wonderful job with yours. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

nutti :unsure:

WElcome, Tina, I'm glad you decided to come out of lurk mode to join in the fun. The all-wood version of the San Franciscan was the first kit I ever built, and I didn't discover internet support groups (first was rec.crafts.dollhouse and then Small Stuff Digest) until after the Cambridge, my second kit & last (so far) Dura-Craft. I like the colors you've chosen for yours.

Welcome back Tina! Children are the best helpers, and sometimes get really neat ideas. My 10 year old son made me a counter top for my dollhouse with his lego, and glued paper around it, then painted it to match my kitchen. It really solved my complaint about my lack of counter space. It's nice, when they take an interest in a Mommy game instead of always the other way around!

Thanks all for taking a look at the progress on my San Franciscan so far! Today is a yucky day here in CT (getting lots of rain), so it's a great day to be working on my house.

I think that's just what I'm going to go do right now.....

~Tina