Love At First Sight

EVA LOUISE

Hello Everyone. This is my first Post so please bear with be...I fell in love with the Garfield the first time I saw it because it reminds me of my Grandmother's house though it was single floor only, it was huge. I almost decided it was a little ambitious for a first time build and purchased the Pierce/Annabelle, however, it never showed up after shipping. Maybe someone was trying to tell me something so I just ordered my GARFIELD.

I am new to miniatures but have many skills and crafts that will come in handy for this. I have been painting for over 30 years. Acrylics and watercolor are the mediums I use now.

I have manyy of my supplies and have burried my glue gun in the back yard. I have monitored this site and read several books before I ordered anything. I'm ready to dig in and don't care how long it takes.

My question at the moment is has anyone ever put in a mosaic floor with a border in the living dining room out of mosaic tiles? The kitchen too actually. I have to figure out how many inches around the border is.

Anyway...YOU GUYS ARE GREAT and I go on and on.

:ohyeah: Hi and welcome!

I know there are a few of us here that have done the Garfield as their first build so don't be scared. It is a house you love and that is the most important thing. Someone here can give you the measurements too I am sure. Just gotta wait for them to wake up.

The Garfield was my first build too and I survived! It's a great house and I am still always adding stuff to it. Beware it is also a very large house, had to take the door off the hinges to get it out of my basement and upstairs to my living room where is sits right now.

Somebody put a wood floor in her Garfield that has a pattern to it. I'm not sure who.

There are many members who built the Garf and I'm sure you will get lots of replies. If you want me to measure the footprint of mine just let me know.

Have fun and WELCOME!

And my husband is a Carpenter and Electrictrician. He will fill in where I just can't figure out what I'm doing.

I already have certain things decided which I am quitte sure I will change 100 ttime before it's all over

Welcome to the forum, Eva, I hope you got your money back for the undelivered kit! You have certainly picked a beautiful one to begin with, but unless you have wide doors you might want to plan your workspace as carefully as you're planning the rest. I shall never be able to build the Garfield, there simply is no physical room in the house for it (although both my older sons live in big enough houses, maybe if I ever have to go live with one of them I'll get a Garfield kit to build in my "twilight years").

Welcome.

Funny you should ask about the mosiac tile floors...I was contemplating doing one just like that in my next house. ALtho I have not done it yet I am fairly certain there should be no probs doing it. I love doing stonework on houses and the mosiac tile for a floor is not much different. The only thing I would say to make sure of is to use thin enough tiles so that the thickness does not interfere with the scale of thet house.

I admire you folks who can make the gigantic houses! LOL I jsut dont have the room for them. My Vermont Jr with an addition is about as big as I can go.

hello, and welcome!

i think you were asking people for dimensions of the kitchen and living room, weren't you?

at any rate, congrats, that is some house you've chosen! way cool.

looking forward to your posts!

:wave:

Hi Eva,

I also just started on the Garfield. It's my first house too. You just have to take your time doing things and don't rush it!

Suus :wave:

Thank everyone so much for the warm and enthusiastic welcome. I am sure that with your expertise (and my husband's money) :thank_you: I can get where I'm going. I have already named her the "Bluebonnet Dragon" by tthe way There will be many pictures much laughter and a lot of (*&y^(^^&^%f# Oh Well.... I have a lot of time.

Thank you all again.

• 3 weeks later...