nice mini rugs

newt

I saw some of these rugs last night while I was trolling Ebay. Actually have some of them on my watching board. She does beautiful work and so realistic. I did find one rug that will be prefect for the Glencroft. Just have to see how high the bidding goes.

very pretty! but i'm hesitant about buyin anymore rugs from Ebay... i bought 2 turkish rugs from 2 different sellers and had bad experiences with both! the first one out of colorado, never replied to my repeated requests for shipping information, yet he still continued to post his rugs for sell, which peeved me to no end! it wasn't until i got paypal involved that he emailed me. took me over a month to get that one.... i shoulda learned my lesson....

then along comes this cute turkish rug with yellow in it that i had to have... different seller out of florida...3 weeks of waiting and i requested shipping info again... he said that he needed my address because it was returned to him... total garbage! everything else got to my address... i think it was a stall technique. i finally got that one after a month too but no more! i dont care how cute they are. i'm stickin to american made!

anybody else had problems with turkish rugs on Ebay? just curious. maybe its just me and i'm meant to have naked floors! LOL

HH, in my next incarnation i hope to have at least some of your skills!

unfortunately, i am with Greg in this regard - i'm sewing/fabric impaired. i did a bit of cross-stitch and my Katz laughed. :p Sure, i can replace buttons but not well. if i need a hem shortened, i take the trousers to the nice tailor lady and she fixes things for me.

sharon, i know what you mean abt uncommunicative sellers. why the heck do people list auctions and then not respond to potential customers about the items? :ohyeah:

i shared the link b/c the artisan who makes these lovely rugs IS able to communicate with customers. she also is willing to make the designs in colors you request (assuming she has the materials needed or can get 'em).

you can send her photos of what you have in mind, show her what you're after, AND she will send you a photo back to see if the new item suits what you want.

i've gotten some nice anatolian rugs on eBay, no problems. guess i've been lucky? and HBS has some pretty rugs. i'm gonna try one and see what i get - from the website and catalogue, it is hard to tell just what their rugs are.

You did? How well it turned out! Did you use the braided embroidery floss? It looks perfect.

I made the one in the kitchen, is that the one you are talking about...if so, I used a round disk and yarnI got at walmart.......

This sellers rugs are beautiful. But then I like floral designs, especially roses
It looks like redoute roses on felt & beautifully done.
the one in the kitchen, is that the one you are talking about
Yes, the one you made that looks like a braided rug.

Thanks for the link! I've got my eye on a couple of them and I even found a 'cat' rug for my 'Three Blind Mice Cottage' (different seller). We'll see . . . (ha, no pun intended)!

Hi CJ! Thanks for posting these. They are gorgeous! I assume you have a couple... how are they made? It looks like machine embroidery to me but I can't quite tell.

If I hadn't already blown my wad I might get one for the Beech Brook house, but as it is I think I'm going to have to make one of my simple braided versions or buy a cheapie somewhere. DH will kill me if I order anything more on the Internet since we are on a mutual credit card spending hold.

very pretty! but i'm hesitant about buyin anymore rugs from Ebay... i bought 2 turkish rugs from 2 different sellers and had bad experiences with both! the first one out of colorado, never replied to my repeated requests for shipping information, yet he still continued to post his rugs for sell, which peeved me to no end! it wasn't until i got paypal involved that he emailed me. took me over a month to get that one.... i shoulda learned my lesson....

then along comes this cute turkish rug with yellow in it that i had to have... different seller out of florida...3 weeks of waiting and i requested shipping info again... he said that he needed my address because it was returned to him... total garbage! everything else got to my address... i think it was a stall technique. i finally got that one after a month too but no more! i dont care how cute they are. i'm stickin to american made!

anybody else had problems with turkish rugs on Ebay? just curious. maybe its just me and i'm meant to have naked floors! LOL

How did their feedback ratings look? I have found that if a seller has great feedback they are a pretty safe bet. Sounds like the sellers you are referring to are bound to have had issues prior and the feedback would reflect that.

Always double click on a seller's feedback number and actually read the replies. It is a pretty safe system if you go by that.....

Or has been for me. IF there are even just a few negatives I'll avoid that seller.

hey, christine,

Hi CJ! Thanks for posting these. They are gorgeous! I assume you have a couple... how are they made? It looks like machine embroidery to me but I can't quite tell.

If I hadn't already blown my wad I might get one for the Beech Brook house, but as it is I think I'm going to have to make one of my simple braided versions or buy a cheapie somewhere. DH will kill me if I order anything more on the Internet since we are on a mutual credit card spending hold.

yep, i've gotten several, so my mini people will have toasty toesies. the rugs are machine made. the thickness is just right for a mini environment and the fabrics and textures are lovely. the woman who makes them is also a speedy shipper whose very trustworthy. she'd inadvertently added a (tiny) cost, she caught the error (i didn't) and to make up for it, she sent me an extra rug!