How many still in box

Hallowell

I've got the Canterbury on hold for the moment.

Still in the box:

Tiffani/Santa cottage

Coventry Cottage

Storybook Cottage

Lafayette

The Magnolia

Houseboat

2 Arbors

Primrose

The Primrose and the arbors are waiting on my DGD to get here so we can build them together.

I have 2 upstairs rooms that aren't being used at the moment so I'm thinking about putting the houses (when finished) up there. No, on second thought, I can't enjoy them there. May have to add another room to the downstairs. :cheer:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything I own is either half built or unbuilt! in the past I have always given them away after I finished them, but NO MORE! From now on, I keep something for ME!

Unbuilt and in box:

The Travel Trailer

The White Orchid

Real Good Toys Quick Build Firehouse (for my nephew, we will build it together this summer)

Half built & currently being ignored:

Fantasy Craft Craftsman Bungalow

In progress, actively working on it, and the end is in sight:

Dachshund theme room box

Let's see, I have still in the box waiting patiently

The Magnolia

Beaumont

Van Buren

Travel Trailer.

An Arbor kit

Still needing to finish up the WO and a partially finished Arbor Scene and a Corona Concepts living room kit.

Recently, all projects were put on hold and packed up to deal with real life situations and I desparately need to get back in the groove of mini-ing.

Gosh, now I don't feel so bad about the kits I haven't opened yet.

I have the Linfield, Fairfield, Haunted House, Harrison, Orchid, Magnolia, and a bunch of 1/144" scale kits that are unopened.

Of course, if we're talking kits that are in progress, that's a whole 'nother story... :welcome:

Wow, I really admire you all for building the houses. I am way too chicken to attempt it.

I bought my house already put together because the kit scared me too much. :flowers:

Also, it never occurred to me to have more than one house. Can you tell I am a newbie? :banana:

Wow, I really admire you all for building the houses. I am way too chicken to attempt it.

I bought my house already put together because the kit scared me too much. :flowers:

Also, it never occurred to me to have more than one house. Can you tell I am a newbie? :banana:

Don't worry - the mini bug seems to be a fast-progressing "disease" and you'll catch up in no time! :dog:

I'm going to have one less kit "still in the box".

The White Orchid is going to come out of the box! I've just spent the last couple of days doing tax returns, so on my next days off I'm going to build a dollhouse. Tax returns are not really my cup of tea, but my mum and dad needed help this year.

Hmmm....when the White Orchid box comes down off the shelf, I'll probably have to buy another dollhouse kit....just to keep the shelf balanced ... you know how it is.

-Susanne

Good time for this post. I'm moving in a few weeks, and I've just pulled all of my boxed kits from underneath the bed. I was surprised with what I'd managed to collect!

The Pierce

The Harrison

The Haunted House

The Sugarplum Cottage

The Tiffany

The Linfield

In addition to two under construction! Sadly, only one has been completed in ten months of building. I really don't know what I'll do with them, assuming I actually finish them! :flowers:

KITS STILL IN THE BOX:

BEAUMONT-GL

BEACON HILL-GL

HIGHLAND-ARTPLY

FARMHOUSE-DURACRAFT

VICTORIAN MANSION-DURACRAFT

GLENCROFT-GL

ARTHUR-GL

WHITE ORCHID-GL

VICTORIANA-GL

TRAVEL TRAILER-GL

HERITAGE-DURACRAFT

COUNTRY HOUSE-GL

WILLOWCREST-GL

WILDWOOD STABLE-GL

FRANKLIN-ARTPLY

DREAM HOUSE-ARROW

CANTERBURY-GL

VAN BUREN (2)-GL

1/144TH CABIN

1/144TH FARM HOUSE

CHATEAU-DURACRAFT

VICTORIAN DOLLHOUSE (SIMILAR TO FANTASY VILLA)

VICTORIAN MANSION-ARROW

PEACHES N CREAM-WALMER

CHARLESTON-GL

SWEEPT SHOP & LIBRARY-GL

GREENLEAF VILLAGE

GREENLEAF TOWN

FIREHOUSE & BANDSTAND-GL

STATION & STORE-GL

CORONA'S VILLAGE, FORGOT WHAT IT IS CALLED

OLD TOWN-DURACRAFT

WILD WEST TOWN-DURACRAFT

WILLOW-GL

BIRDHOUSES [6]

VINEYARD COTTAGE-GL

HAUNTED HOUSE-GL

BRIMBLES MERCHANTILE-GL

ARBOR-GL

CARRIAGE KIT

ROSEDALE-GL

TIFFANI

I think I'm forgetting some ....

So when you all are done building one what do you do with it?

I pet them. A lot. <giggling> And I talk to them too. They're my beloved creations and they're just a part of the family. Seriously, most of mine stay with me and I have them displayed throughout the house, altho the majority of them are in the living room set up in "streets". They're all fully furnished and decorated. Most of the time, I plan a house before I start building and buy the furnishings at the same time I get the paint and wallpaper so when it's finished, there's a "moving day" when the house gets moved to it's permanent location and has the furnishings staged. Then I sit and gaze at it lovingly for a very long time. I don't think I ever get past loving and admiring each house because they're all unique and each one has special features about it that I just get all happy over whenever I look at them.

Does it show that I get a lot of joy from my minis? Not just building them, but living with them after they're built too. There's an incredible wonder involved in watching a house come to life under your hands........seeing your inner vision become a reality.........and then being able to enjoy that creation daily. On days when I'm stressed out but too tired to work on building, I'll sit down in front of a house and rearrange things, or take everything out, dust and then restage them, and it always makes me feel better.

Deb

I'll sit down in front of a house and rearrange things, or take everything out, dust and then restage them, and it always makes me feel better.

I get to do this everytime the GKs visit, don't know why they think my animals from my cabin belong in a dance studio, or that dancers belong in a home, or the kitchen contents from the Lily belong in the log cabin. I can also bring out of hiding when they leave the things I know that they will "borrow" or might break.

well, only one in the box, but it isn't here yet: Emerson Row. :flowers:

renovations and rehabs:

The Pierce :banana: , a Tiffani, a Victoria's Cottage, a Newburg, a Small brown house whose name i do not yet know, a Big brown house that i'm nearly certain was built from a pattern that i will locate someday, a little cabinet house, and

a project that might be a kind of roombox if i can figure out how to do it. i have some very tiny German minis. the houses are shells that are about 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" tall at the largest, and the people and animals are all about 1" or smaller. they're in a glass-sided cabinet.

I forgot that I have a mini carousel still in the box. And, now I have the Willow and the Houseboat coming. That puts me up to five, which still doesn't hold a candle to some of you! LOL

Lumberjacksgurl, I was thinking the same thing as I came to your post. I will have to show this to my husband. I told him I was going to order another one. He asked where I'd put it. I told him in a drawer and he looked at me like I was crazy. I will order a 1/144 when it is half off. I would love other big ones but just no room. My two unopened are:

Alexandria

Newport

I did forget some ... They're at the bottom.

KITS STILL IN THE BOX:

BEAUMONT-GL

BEACON HILL-GL

HIGHLAND-ARTPLY

FARMHOUSE-DURACRAFT

VICTORIAN MANSION-DURACRAFT

GLENCROFT-GL

ARTHUR-GL

WHITE ORCHID-GL

VICTORIANA-GL

TRAVEL TRAILER-GL

HERITAGE-DURACRAFT

COUNTRY HOUSE-GL

WILLOWCREST-GL

WILDWOOD STABLE-GL

FRANKLIN-ARTPLY

DREAM HOUSE-ARROW

CANTERBURY-GL

VAN BUREN (2)-GL

1/144TH CABIN

1/144TH FARM HOUSE

CHATEAU-DURACRAFT

VICTORIAN DOLLHOUSE (SIMILAR TO FANTASY VILLA)

VICTORIAN MANSION-ARROW

PEACHES N CREAM-WALMER

CHARLESTON-GL

SWEEPT SHOP & LIBRARY-GL

GREENLEAF VILLAGE

GREENLEAF TOWN

FIREHOUSE & BANDSTAND-GL

STATION & STORE-GL

CORONA'S VILLAGE, FORGOT WHAT IT IS CALLED

OLD TOWN-DURACRAFT

WILD WEST TOWN-DURACRAFT

WILLOW-GL

BIRDHOUSES [6]

VINEYARD COTTAGE-GL

HAUNTED HOUSE-GL

BRIMBLES MERCHANTILE-GL

ARBOR-GL

CARRIAGE KIT

ROSEDALE-GL

TIFFANI

COUNTRY MANOR-ARROW

WASHINGTON-GL

GRANVILLE-ARTPLY

COUNTRY HOUSE-DURACRAFT

NUMEROUS HORSE AND BUGGY KITS IN 1/4 SCALE

There might be more somewhere.

Ok, now who is going to take on the job of comparing Linda and Marg's list to the list in the other topic of dollhouse names??? I think they have them covered. :(

Ok, now who is going to take on the job of comparing Linda and Marg's list to the list in the other topic of dollhouse names??? I think they have them covered. :(

It looks like that doesn't it?? And yes I am envious LOL!!!!

Hugs