I think I'm in trouble. . (Not really)

Tess11

My original plan was to refurbish my childhouse dollhouse and go on to the Garfield. Build it and decorate it and admire it. Period. Now I'm reading all of your posts about these wonderful different houses and I'm thinking about what I'll do AFTER the Garfield. :ohyeah:

I'm falling in love with the Willow after seeing the beautiful pictures. And the Orchid and the ButterCup are calling.

Help! Wait- no one will help me STOP dreaming here! :welcome: That's OK.

BTW, what resources to you all use for supplies? I saw some of you go to Hobby Lobby but I'm in CA, one of like 4 states that doesn't have one of these stores. I have a couple of minature stores somewhat close, but I use the web and ebay for most of what I need. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

-Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,

Don't ever stop dreaming. There are so many possibilities. Why limit yourself. I use miniatures.com and dejouxminiatures.com and micromark.com. I can usually find what I want on these sites. My Hobby Lobby has a very limited supply of dollhouse miniatures.

By the way welcome to the forum. You will find people here are always willing to help! :welcome:

Valerie

My original plan was to refurbish my childhouse dollhouse and go on to the Garfield. Build it and decorate it and admire it. Period. Now I'm reading all of your posts about these wonderful different houses and I'm thinking about what I'll do AFTER the Garfield. :ohyeah:

-Tiffany

That was me 6 months ago, and now 3 dollhouse later and 4 waiting to be built, here I am.... :welcome:

Don't worry, we don't have Hobby Lobbys here in Pennsylvania, either. They must think Northeasterners and the West Coast don't craft. I wish they'd put one in around here. The closest one is in Ohio, but I don't want to travel that far just to go to a craft store when I could buy the stuff cheaper on-line when you factor gas into it.

Yeah, I started with the Garfield, and if you search my early posts, that was going to be the ONLY house I'd ever build...

well, it's (nearly) finished now. And I have a Brimble that I'll tackle tomorrow (built, but needing rehab. And furnishing.) And a greenhouse that I just finished (except it needs stocking). And another house that I bought from eBay which will need MAJOR rehab. And my husband has shown me a sweet little kit of clay that I can buy to make dollhouse miniatures. And....

well, you get the idea. I'm hooked. And my husband seems hooked. Spent the evening at our local pub, our usual Tuesday night out..and he spent a good portion of the evening talking about dollhouses, too! :welcome:

we just barely got a hobby lobby just over a couple of months ago....surprised the heck out of me!

i think they will eventually move farther west!....just gotta get thru nevada first.... :welcome:

I get alot of my stuff on ebay. :ohyeah:

OK, I've added pictures here for the time being. It looks kind sad in the pictures, but it will be wonderful when I'm done! the first picture is what it looked like when my parents brought it to me on Christmas, and the second is with the new shingles on. I have along way to go, but it's a start. I've already pulled all the shutters off since new windows are the next step.

-Tiffany

post-1697-1168414631_thumb.jpg

post-1697-1168414666_thumb.jpg

You can find all kinds of resources..(dont have a a HL in CT or anywhere near). Ebay, internet, craft stores, hardware stores, dollar stores, yard sales, rummages, second hand stores, craiglist...the list goes on and on.

Once the bug has it, you are done for..There is no vaccination for mini-fluenza

I'll post pics the inside later. Right now it's actually completely gutted (I just left the 2 floors and the attic), but I have pictures of what it looked like originally. The floor plan annoyed me, even as a child. It had 2 rooms on each floor and the attic, with no stairs to the attic. That seems fairly common, but I will add stairs just because I want to, and I can! Also, the stairs went from the entry room to the room above it, and I always felt like what kind of a room can have stairs going to it? It can't be a bedroom or a bathroom. . . I tended to overthink things even as a kid. :)

The plan now is to add a hallway down the middle of the house on both floors where the stairs can go from floor 1 to floor 2 and from floor 2 up to the attic.

I'm trying hard to concentrate on the outside of the house before I get carried away with the interior, but I want to electrify this little house so it has to be done pretty soon, before I go much further. This week I'm installing new windows. I'm assuming the next step is wiring and then I can move forward with the siding.

At any rate, I'm enjoying the project, and that's the important part!

-Tiffany

Tiffany, if you are going to wire and decorate the inside or paint the outside, you may want to wait to actually put your windows in. It is so easy to get glue or paint on them and ruin the surface. I found out the hard way. LOL

You have a nice house there with all sorts of possibilities.

yep, you're sounding like you're in pretty deep.

wheeee! ain't it grand?!

actually, i think that the house doesn't look sad, it looks loved.

your plans for this house (first of the many, many projects to come :thumb:) are really fun and interesting. will look forward to more pix and posts as you go along.