I think I've lost my mind...

Ms. Mini

Honestly I think Ive lost my mind.. everytime I leave my work room to stop for the day.. I find myself back there later on working on the Willowcrest some MORE. Its like a magnetic force... it just keeps calling me in there LOL. So I just updated my gallery and I just posted a new blog. I'm happy to say that the exterior of the house is almost finished. all that is left is one more coat of paint on the top roof. the chimney and once my HBS package comes tomorrow with my door knobs, the exterior door. THEN all i have left is to finish up the interior. ;) It's honestly hard to believe for me.. Very sureal. But i cant wait to have this house displayed in my living room :) So yes I have lost my mind.. but thats ok im not complaining. :hmm:

Willowcrest614_edited_edited_edited.jpg

Well, if you've lost your mind, then we're all in good company. Even my husband, who was drawn to the greenhouse I got, is out there in the workroom as I type this, trying to fit tiny hinges onto the window frames. He's been at it for a couple hours, now.. :)

O Marg im sorry :D which house were you planning to work on today?

well i am happy to report that since this post i have not touched my dollhouse! lol not that thats a "good" it just means that i am content with how it looks for the night! hahaha

jenny, i had prepped my brimble's yesterday (cut down all the tabs and such) to spackle all the tabs and gaps...i was going to do the same with the vineyard today and then i was going to dry wall mudd texture the foundation of the bellingham (so i had planned to get all three done today since the stuff can be messy..., then I wanted to get a coat of paint or two on the body of the bellingham..so alot of work was planned for the day. i'm disappointed. this is my busy week at work and i only have thursday off then starting sunday i only have every other day off for a week. that is why i was going to do so much today...i want progress!

I'm staying home from work tomorrow. i dont' know what to do about the rest of the week, i have to use my hands alot at work, and i have to be quick, so....i'll talk to my supervisor tomorrow and see what to do.

"Hi my name is Jenny and I am a dollhouse addict. I cannot stop building dollhouses and think about them when I am awake and dream about them at night. I have been sober for... 6 hours *while i was sleeping*"

yep thats me.. last night I went back AGAIN and stained the front door and edited my blog with my new progress. I cant wait for my hbs delivery to come in today so ican attach the front door!!

Jenny, welcome to the insane assylum! :)

Your house is just marvelous darling! You've really done an amazing job in a relatively short period of time.

I worked on my Willowcrest for the most of the day yesterday and got quite a lot accomplished . . . even though it feels like a snails pace! I'll update my blog in the next few days!

and yet again I am forced to tell you how wonderful it looks!

I love it!

I got those doorknobs for catriona's MHM

I hope her door looks as elegant as yours do!

so very nice.

nutti :):)

Dark Walnut. I love it cause it has a redish tint to it.

nutti you crack me up! u dont have to compliment the house anymore :) hahah i know u love the willowcrest kit just as much or more than me!! :)

I really, really like that door! What a difference getting a thing like the front door in place makes! It sorts of completes the house...

OK, are we still on hour counting or on a new count then LOL????

Just you blog away, loving it!!!!

Hugs

haha i dont even want to know how many hours ive spent on this house!!! :welcome: its been 8 months with a few weeks periods in between with no work on it. But in the last 2 months alone.. wow ive put in ALOT of hours!!! :ohyeah: ever since Caleb built me my work station ive been hooked!!

It looks great.

I think one of the reasons I'm so lazy anymore with my building is that I have to drag my craft table out, set it up, take my house out, and then work on it. Then at the end of the work time I have to put the house back on it's table, clean up, take down the craft table, and put it away. Most nights I look at it and think "I don't feel like getting everything out tonight." So it sits on it's stand in the living room waiting to be worked on another night. It's supposed to be nice this weekend, in the 60s in PA, so I may take it outside and work on my brick grouting and all that messy stuff.