Christmas in January

TinyJudi

Well, I did it. It took a while to bring myself to click that "submit order" button, but I did and now I have my newest house kit on order along with some goodies from Ernie. I chose The Glencroft because DH loves the Tudor style and I love him, so it works out. I still get a little shaky when I look at the pictures of it and fast-foward in my mind what it is going take to build this house. A lot of time and patience. I am really looking forward to it though. I guess my little Orchid will get put on the back burner again, but she doesn't mind. She knows she will always be here, waiting for me to get another inspiration. I will finish the wood floor on the second story before moving on to anything else though. At this point, I have absolutely no ideas for the Glencroft. Any suggestions or ideas would be great. I value everyone's opinion here.

Congratulations on the Glencroft! You will love that house! It does take plenty of time and patience, but it is fun to put together and watch it emerge too. I never really cared for Tudor style houses until I built that one.

Congrats, that is a really neat house, it has to be one of my favorites i think. I love tudor, and this house has so much charm.

One of these days i will build mine and it will have a walled in english garden. i just have a few houses to do before i start that one!

Can't wait for you to get yours and pop open your box!

Whohooo <tossing confetti in the air> :music_band: there is NOTHING that compares with the "gettinga new house" feeling I am sure!

Congratulations, I kind of like this "after Christmas" kind of feeling. Looking forward following your progress with this one!

Hugs

I am looking forward to this built. I have spent a lot of time mulling over what I want for the interior, but I have resolved to wait and see what the house wants. I still have some ideas. we will just have to see if the house and I are on the same wavelength. I do like the Pub idea. That had crossed my mind.

Margarita, I'm thinking of a walled garden for my Glencroft, too, but it will be much more humble ... a Czech village house of about 1910 ... before the War. The walled garden will most likely have vegetables as well as flowers and a haystack, and there may be a stall for goats on the first floor, where most people put the kitchen.

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!! Yay Judi!! You're going to absolutely love the Glencroft! It's a marvelous house with so much character! It'll definitely tell you what it wants to be. Mine wanted to be a wizard's house before I even got the kit. (pics of it are in the gallery on my website under my signature)

The building team blogged the Glencroft and those blogs are the best help in the world for this house. I tossed my instructions and just followed the blogs. The instructions are really good, but the blogs have tons of pictures.

The best thing about the Glencroft is the wood. You're going to be amazed when you see the depth of the doors and the beams. Oh, and the fireplaces! And that fantastic staircase!

Can you tell I love this house? Does it show?

Deb

Deb, I have seen your wizard's house and LOVED it. All the little bottles and such....Mmmmm, I must contain myself. In my search for the next build, I checked the gallery so I could get a better feel for the houses I was considering. Thanks to all who have built and posted so many. It really helped. It is one thing to look at a pic of a house in a catalog or on an online store, but to see what the builders/decorators here have done is much much better. I will post pics as I can. Still waiting for the postman though. I know from experience though that Ernie doesn't mess around when it comes to shipping. I have ordered two other times from him and I was amazed at how quickly the things arrived. Of course, it helps that he is just in the next state. :blink:

Watch for further posts, when I will most likely ask for help with the thatched roof. I really liked the one I saw and if the dh and I are in the same mind set, it will fit in very nicely.

Watch for further posts, when I will most likely ask for help with the thatched roof. I really liked the one I saw and if the dh and I are in the same mind set, it will fit in very nicely.

Oh, you'll have a ball if you thatch the roof! I'm tellin' ya, that's so much fun that it outta be illegal! Holly's right that I have a tutorial on the thatching in my samurai (coventry) blog. It's here if you want a closer look at the steps, and I'm happy to answer any questions about it. I've thatched three houses that way now and it still makes me laugh every time I do it. And all it takes is some fake fur (walmart has it), a little can of poly varnish and a comb.

Deb

hi,

just saw your happy post about the house. that is super!!!

your decision reminds me of that TV show, "Designing for the Sexes." it really is nice when a decision can be a success for everybody.

congrats!

The Glencroft arrived last night. It is sitting on my counter, staring at me....I think I can hear it saying something, but can't make it out. Something about stonework and benches....doesn't make a lot of sense at this point. Maybe I should open the box and see if it gets any louder. Wait, I have to get ready for work....well, maybe just lift a corner... :lol: Did you all hear that? It sounded like it said "wrought iron". Whatever could that mean?