Help! What is this supposed to be?

Color Me Holly

Yes, double oven, veggie bins ... and it would make some nice display boxes for special items, maybe above a chest of drawers ... or hang it on a bathroom wall and use for towel storage ...

Do the front frame-looking pieces open? If so, you can put silvery-painted plastic mesh behind them or pieces of foil & punch desgns in them with a pin to make veggie bins, as suggested, or clear acetate and mount them sideways for overhead cabinets, put an extra shelf in each space and make them linen cabinets, glue beads on for handles.

If they don't, perhaps you could carefully remove them and hinge them to do one of the above.

Yes, the doors open. I am facinated by the hinges on this. Thanks for all the great ideas. I did think about making it a pie chest, but I haven't seen one where the doors fold down. I am going to have to look up Barrister Bookcase. I probably know what it is but am unfamiliar with the term. Thanks! :lol:

Yes, the doors open. I am facinated by the hinges on this. Thanks for all the great ideas. I did think about making it a pie chest, but I haven't seen one where the doors fold down. I am going to have to look up Barrister Bookcase. I probably know what it is but am unfamiliar with the term. Thanks! :lol:

Barrister is an English term for lawyer....

are the hinges on the top? Then it could indeed be the bookcase. You lift it up, keep your expensive law books inside... Really cute, and quite a find! Full-sized ones cost quite a bit of money.

There were 15 pieces in the bag.

post-19-1168022058_thumb.jpg

A refrigerator, sink, corner and cabinet. These piece made me think the one piece was a double oven. They have the same hinges. The piece could easily be turned upside down and trimmed out to make a barrister bookcase. I had seen them before just didn't know that is what they were called.

post-19-1168022070_thumb.jpg

two dressers, nightstand(?) and cradle.

post-19-1168022081_thumb.jpg

toilet(lid missing), sink, rocking chair, dining chair and table

post-19-1168022096_thumb.jpg

My favorite of the batch. This corner hutch.

All of the are in need of a good scrub and polish. They have dog hair and greasy dirt on them. Not to bad for $3.99

Ditto, also you can make a new commode stool lid & seat, either from polyclay or thin basswood (and stain it oak). For the barrister's bookcase you may want to put little handled on the frames & clear acetate inserts. The ones I've ween were hinged on top to open from the bottom. What a good find!