Beacon Hill Wakes Up!

Blondie

Hello! So I had some bad wood for my roof supports and Dean was so kind to send me a new sheet. Thank you again, Dean and Greenleaf!!! :) The package shipped right away, but the poor postal service, bogged down with endless holiday packages, somehow sent my package all over the place on accident and it didn't arrive until the day before I went home for Christmas.

So when I got back, I got in my car and drove to work (Saturday), snuck in, and grabbed the package before anyone appeared to mysteriously tell me I had to work. This morning, when the sun shone in the windows of my kitchen, the Beacon Hill called to me.

"Put on my new Mansard roof supports!!!" It screamed. I whipped out my glue and my trusty xacto knife, since I have a bendy wall and no sense of right angles. The supports went right in, but the roof top required a bit of slicing and dicing to wiggle it into place. (I just KNEW my little errors would come back to haunt me someday). :) But then it was over, and my house smiled with pride and showed off for the camera. I put a couple of new pics in my "Beacon Hill Begins" album. Whoo hoo!

Yippee for you, Blondie! There's nothing like having all the right parts to finish a project! Can't wait to see more progress now that you've got your roof together! :)

I have to agree that it looks wonderful!

post-9-1167763048.gif

everytime I see the inside of that house I see the one in my head getting closer and closer.

it has been calling out to me for almost a yr now.

so its nice to see how its done! keep it up!

Happy Building

nutti :):(

Wooooooooohooooooooooooo!! Congrats on a mansard well done! I'm glad to see you're back to building her again. Greenleaf is just the best about taking care of folks.

Deb

I am rapidly falling in love with the Beacon Hill.......even my dh is now saying "you will have to build a house for you"....now he means from scratch with the new table saw I just.....errr Santa......just got him for Xmas lol

Your house looks fab...keep posting the eye candy

Jacksgurl

She's looking good! BH was my first house to all the smaller ones seemed so simple to me. Can't wait to see the progress on her.

Brenda--your fur babies are cracking me up. Yes, I think I'm glad I started with this huge house because everything will seem so small after! When I opened up my new Canterbury, I thought, "It's so tiny!" :o

I'm trying to pay lots of attention to my Beacon right now because over the weekend I ordered an Arthur for my niece. Her birthday is in April, so I will have to work hard to get the Princess House perfect by then! The Beacon is being very good about it though. She said she could wait while I assemble the Arthur. As long as she still gets to be the biggest house (and my favorite).