Finished another one

havanaholly

Once again Holly, you've amazed me with your skill. You don't just build a house.........you create a whole little world inside and out. I reeeeeally love what you've done with this one to make it so real.

Deb

Thank you all. Once the kit starts telling me what it wants to be & have I found it's easier to make it (more affordable in the long run!). Everyone who has built this kit has done beautiful work, which I think says a lot for the kit. Once I finish up some doll commissions I'll make the family for the Orchid.

how you did the shingling on the diagonal
We spotted a house in the Shenandoah Valley with shingles done that way. I'm thinking of doing them that way when I finally build the Fairfield, since the house we saw them on sort of looked like it.

The house is just gorgeous with the colors you have chosen!!

I love the colors.

The day I started painting was 9/11/06, so the color scheme just crawled out of my subconscious and flowed out of the brush! And that started the story line of who owns the store.

Great Job!

I think all of us did remarkable work on all our Orchid builds. I think that was one of the most enjoyable things I have done so far!

I love the way you did the curtains in the upstairs room. Love it!

I'm all that's left of my side of the family, but when we get together with the kids it's a hoot! Last year when DS#1 retired from the Marine Corps he accused us at his party of waiting until he was nearly 40 to tell him the family drinking stories (his "baby brother" got s**t-faced at the party & of course we had to tell stories). He got even the next night (Thanksgiving), though, when he told us about all the situations he'd been in where he was the only one to get out intact or, in a few cases, alive...

DS' wife's family & DH's family have some great tale-tellers, too, so it gets lively when we all get together. Makes it easy to think up stories for the mini-people who live in my dollhouses. For the Orchid, Mr U.P. Ananda;s parents came from India in the '50s to attend university and Mr Ananda majored in Bus Ad when he went, and now he, his momma, his wife & their little one live in and run the family store.