New pretties!

Deb

Wanna see what Bruce got me for Yule in addition to the Willowcrest?

He gets extra "good hubby" points for those! He had asked me for a wish list and I told him about the stove and the tub, but he picked out the others himself. He did gooooooooooooood, didn't he! The washstand is one I've been coveting for a long time, but I'd never mentioned it to him, so I was thrilled and surprised when I opened it.

They're for the Willowcrest of course. It'll probably take me years to put together all the furnishings for it because each piece that goes in it will be carefully selected. I usually have every piece picked out before I start on a house, so not furnishing one right away is a switch for me. However, this house is so beautiful and I intend on making focal points of the interior features, so it won't bother me to have it unfurnished for awhile.

I have decided on the era for it tho. It's screaming to me that it *must* be Second Empire (1865-1880). It was during that era when the mansard roof reached it's peak. (sorry, couldn't resist the pun) That era also supports a more asymetrical shape, so that will work well with the bashing I have in mind. I originally planned on greens and greys for the exterior, but when I went to Lowes to get some paint chips, I looked down in my hand and discovered I had a handfull of chips from the plum palette. Alrighteeeeee then! It's not even out of the box yet and not only is it chatty, but it's a prima dona!

I'll probably have it in dry fit by Monday and be well into the planning and design process. <happy dancing> This one is gonna be a lot of fun!

Deb

Ooooooo, Deb! Any man who spoils you that rotten has GOT to be a keeper!!!

greens and greys for the exterior,

That's what my kit's been whispering to me, grayish-green with almond & cream trim, and some bashing. I already have the copper foil for the top of the roof.

Deb they're beautiful :) . That was so sweet of Bruce. ;)

You never can tell what they are going to do. Greg is the same way, he came home from work the other day carrying two boxs already wrapped. He put them beside (they're to big to go under) the tree and when I asked him what those were he got the biggest grin on his face and told me I have to wait and find out on Christmas morning. ;)

How sweet! He is definitely a keeper.

My dh "tolerates" my mini and fusses at the mess I make that occasionally overflows into the rest of the house. However he trots all of our visitors around my various "projects" and gives them a detailed explanation that they are not just dollhouse but miniature "art". I guess he is a keeper too.

Wanna see what Bruce got me for Yule in addition to the Willowcrest?

He gets extra "good hubby" points for those! He had asked me for a wish list and I told him about the stove and the tub, but he picked out the others himself. He did gooooooooooooood, didn't he!

They're for the Willowcrest of course. It'll probably take me years to put together all the furnishings for it because each piece that goes in it will be carefully selected. I

I'll probably have it in dry fit by Monday and be well into the planning and design process. <happy dancing> This one is gonna be a lot of fun!

Deb

Bruce did extra good, he not only picked items out by himself but he asked for a wish list to start with. :)

It may not take years to furnish, valentine's day , mothers day, birthday, spring, summer fall, oh so many occasions to celebrate with gifts. ;)

Dry fit on Christmas and probably by MLK day finished ;)

Count yourself as one lucky girl.

Now tell us did the catnip work, is that why you opened this before Christmas?

What did you get him?

Kentucky! There's something special about those southern gentlemen! His mother used to mini so he's had experience with them when he was growing up. He'll also go to a quilt store without complaining. His mama raised him soooooooooo well!

He's definitely a keeper.
I've received offers, but I'm not letting him go! ;)

Vera nice stuff, the bathroom set looks like Reuter Porzelain (or however they spell it). Kewel stove too.

Yep, all four pieces are Reutter Porzellan. I have this *serious* addiction to their stuff. I'll be adding the blue onion sink, and pots and pans later on.

Now tell us did the catnip work, is that why you opened this before Christmas?

<giggling> Naw, I didn't have to. Bruce and I exchange gifts on Yule, so I got my presents last night. I'm getting ready to take the Willowcrest to the studio right now.

That's what my kit's been whispering to me, grayish-green with almond & cream trim, and some bashing. I already have the copper foil for the top of the roof.

I'm still debating on the two, but that's not unusual. Sometimes the planning phase of a house takes longer than the actual building for me. Both palettes fit into the second empire styles so I think it's going to come down to what I decide for the interior. I'm carrying the paint chips around in my pocket this afternoon to glance at from time to time. Sometimes my muse will just hit when I'm doing something else and not thinking about it.

Deb

Deb, congratulations on your new miniatures! They are all beautiful!

OOOOOOO......i cannot wait for you to start your willowcrest! You do such beautiful work and i can't wait to see what you make of this house!