I've been a busy bee

IAK

So I've been very busy trying to get the Orchid done in time for Christmas. I'm just about done. The roof in on and I just have to stain it. I'm not quite sure what color. I need some suggestions...light or dark stain. Here is the link to my gallery:

Minature Madness Orchid

Also, I just got a new digital camera and was having trouble uploading pictures to my gallery. I guess the newer cameras take pictures that have huge files and they need to be resized. Yep you guessed it Santa, AKA Dean came through again. He directed me to this link and it was a cinch. He actually offered to fix them for me, isn't that just the sweetest? He is definately the greatest! I just wanted to share it in case anybody has the same problem. Here it is:

Picture resizer

It really was so simple.

Oh it is so pretty! I love the kitchen!!

I want to know how everyone gets their shingles to look so perfect when mine were all but! hehe.

I would go with a darker stain, not real dark, but it will make the rest of the house pop. Espically the darker red...

Thank you so much everybody for your kind words and great suggestions. I just got done staining and decided the roof needed to be darker so that the house would "pop" I thought a lighter stain would take away from the colors of the siding. Here's the result. I am happy with it. It's a gift for my sister, I hope she likes it :lol:

post-663-1166677237_thumb.jpg

Irene, it's just lovely! So elegant and gracious! The dark stain on the shingles really does pop the lighter colors and it looks great. I especially like the way you customized the porch. That's *really* nice!

Deb