My Murder Mystery Book has been released!

KathieB

I check the forum daily to stay in touch, but since moving to a retirement community I have found time to concentrate on a second love: writing. My book -- The Next Great Discovery: A Heartland to Hometown Mystery, Book 1 -- has been released! From a dusty Missouri cornfield to vibrant New Orleans, small-town reporter Leni Spencer becomes a target as she investigates two baffling deaths.

At 83 years old, envisioning a series may be overly optimistic, but Book 2 is already underway. The Heartland is a small town in Missouri; the Hometown is where a character came from. Book 1 highlights New Orleans. Book 2 highlights the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Both are places I have lived and loved. I've had so many adventures to draw from that I can see the series growing. Book 3 tells me it wants to highlight life aboard a board in Newport Harbor, California. 

If you're a fan of murder mysteries with a Hallmark movie of the week vibe, I invite you to join my Book Readers email list. By signing up, you'll be the first to receive exclusive details about The Next Great Discovery, including ordering information. The book is available in print as a 6x9 softcover with 306 pages ($19.99) and as an e-book ($3.99). To join the list, simply PM me with your email address*.

*Don't respond here with your email address. The wicked bots are lurking! 

11 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

My copy arrived today!  I'm excited to get started on it!

Thank you, Matt! I hope you enjoy it. I'm busy building a website that will give readers a peek behind the scenes with mini-biographies of the main characters, a brief bio of the author (me 😊), sketches of sites, and other background information. It is still under construction. I will let you know when it goes live.

• Like 1

Today my website went live! Building it was an intense experience. I used Squarespace, which worked well. Their online support answered all my questions. When if finally figured out the basics, it all came together.

The process turned out to be right in my wheelhouse. I got as much satisfaction from building the website as I do from building a dollhouse. I think I tweaked it a bit more than I had to, but I was nervous about sending it out into the universe. I took a deep breath this morning and pressed the PUBLISH button. 

Check it out at http://kbennettauthor.com 

I love your website!  Easy to navigate.  I looked online and Wally World is carrying your book, so when we go get groceries I'm going to see if ours has it before I get it online.