My progress

lumberjacksgurl

Hi there!! Although I have not spent as much time on my house as I would have liked so far it is progressing.

I will soon be to the "pointy parts" and have no idea of how to finish the rooflines on this house. I am thinking maybe a metallic paint in a charcoal color but open to suggestions....

I have not secured the second floor roof yet and the third floor is just sat atop it.

The main bedroom is done I think.

Living room still needs curtains but you can see the nice turkish rug I got for there

Bathroom still needs the french doors stained. Paper is scrapbook paper. Still need a tub but have not been able to find a good sturdy tub as yet. Do not need a whole set just a tub. The lingering baths overlooking the landscape will have to wait for now lol

I crocheted the rugs in the nursery and have to finish the dollar store shelving units and the chair.

This is the dry fit of the third floor. The pink and white rugs are leftover piecies of her blankie that she tows around. the paint tubes show the colors I am painting the rooms. Fabric sitting on the bed will be made into a new bedspread. Toys are all keychains that I got off of ebay.

Well more pics in my gallery...some more closeups etc. Hope to get the top of the second floor secured tonight and the floor of the third floor scribed and stained.

Have a good day all!!

Jack'sgurl

No, the outside is painted.

Painting the blue primed window frames a white has taken four or five coats and the rest of the house is a colonial blue with navy trim. I may eventually do some flagstone painting on the decks but probably not in time for Christmas. he porch railing will also be white/

it is a perfect house for such a little sweetie! has she seen it yet? does she have a cue that it is her house?

how much fun for both of you!

and I love the colors you have chosen...any sparkles?

nutti :wave:

Michelle, you are making good progress. I like it. I like the red room which surprises me, cause I would never have thought of painting a room red. The rug looks good in there. What color will your curtains be?

Yes Izzy has seen the house in pieces in passing on my work table but no, she has no idea of what it is or about..........

The red room did turn out well...it is a country/barn red color I mixed. I found the paper (scrapbookpaper) and made the color to match. I later found the fabric to go with it and changed the cushions on the couch and chairs. Any deep rich color looks good with stained floors I think. I have a cream color linen that would make nice long curtains in there, but have changed my mind and think that I am just going to do the same curtains throughout the house for the time being. They are a white eyelet trim affixed with velcro dots. The little hands can pull them off and add them again herself that way and with continuity throughout the house it will be less frustrating for her I think. As time goes on however, I will make the other curtains and personalize the rooms more and more.

Same reasoning goes for the shelving units to be bare at this point and no dishes etc. All in time as she grows. For now she can build her muscles being a furniture mover :wave: lol

I am partial to blue Houses!! I LOVE blue! I also LOVE that Tower!
I instantly thought of Tracy ASA I saw that tower! I'm partial to BLUE doors! I love yours.

would never have thought of painting a room red.

I did it for the first time in the Orchid living area, surprised the heck out of me, because it's not something I would have expected from me. I love how formal the paint + paper make that room look, Michelle. Very good job so far.

I can't help you with the roofline Michelle, but what a great job you've done so far on the house. It's beautiful, I'm also partial to blues too. I like the red room alot but I really really like that quilt in the blue room. Those lamps are so cute. Did you make the quilt?

Izzy is going to be one happy and busy little girl.