New to this group

whippet-gal

I thought I'd better introduce myself, as although I've been around the mini community for quite a while, I've not been active on this group.

That's changed since I got my Orchid! I've found the blogs, posts & galleries an enormous help.

My first dolls house was a kit-bashed project I did by making 2 houses into one. I really enjoyed the challenge, as I had to learn so many new skills.

I like all the different aspects of the hooby - finding books to do period research (although I'm far from a purist!), looking around me & at photos for inspiration, decorating, planning, making miniatures etc etc.

My second house is the Dolls House Emporium's Grosvenor Hall. That's packed away for the time being, as I fancied working on a smaller project - hence the Orchid.

I live in East Yorkshire, England, have a wonderful husband, Eddie, & 3 adorable whippets.

Glad to be here :D

Jackie / Whippet-gal

Welcome to the forum, Jackie. I think whippets have such sweet faces. Lucky you to have three such sweeties! to love. I'd like to see pictures of your kit bash & we are all wanting to see your Orchid (if I can get the dumbputer to cooperate I have some additions to the blog on mine, mumble, mumble).

We have lots of fun here.

Welcome to the group!

I seem to remember you...another forum maybe?

we used to own a whippet along with our Italian Greyhound but we had to find him a different home

so now we just have Milo our Iggy

Im so glad you found our forum and have found our blogs helpful with your Orchid...but tell me where might your photos be?

I hope you plan on sharing your progress on the groveners Hall with us! that is one seriously BIG house with all kinds of wonderful Possibilities!

Happy Building

nutti :D

Thank you so much for your lovely welcomes.

Photos of my houses can be seen in my album in my signature. Sam's Folly is my first house - the one I kit-bashed.

As for any Orchid photos - it's just a pile of wooden bits & pieces, at the moment, waiting for a fine day so I can start sanding :lol:

I'll certainly share my Grosvenor Hall project with you all, when I return to it.

Nutti, you know me from All things Mini:) I adore Italian greyhounds, they're rarer than white orchids :D

Jackie

Hi Jackie and welcome. Saw your pix. You do some beautiful work. I love Sam's house. We have a few members from England here. Anna is in England and makes great animals. Need a Whippet for your house? Really loved Sam's Folly. bergie

wowie wow wow! i love your bash! wow.. its incredible! ive been drooling over your pics for about 15 minutes now. you are very talented! cant wait to see pics of your orchid!

-Jenny

EDIT: excuse me and my poor manors!! welcome to the forums! I should have said that right off the bat but i was still in such awe with your house!! you'll love it here, we are just one big happy family :roflmao:

Hi Jackie! Nice to see you here!

How is your husband?

Bummer on the Grosvenor being put away, I have wondered about your progress! I haven't exactly been progressing these days, but have been getting that desire to get back to it. I just need to spend the money on some lawbre fireplaces and a few other things for it..problem is that i keep spending the money on other houses and things....

I need to check out our orchid!

Welcome!