doing USA miniatures trip- earthntree?

Tinkerbelle

Hi everyone been silent on here for so long as lived abroad and then unemployed but i am now able to plan and complete projects :) 

Next year i have got my holiday request from work accepted so planning on attending the Chicago International Show end of april/beginning of May. While there i will be visiting the thorne rooms and Colleen Moore's fairy castle. 

Afterwards I will fly to Boston so i can visit Louisa May Alcott's house (bucket list for me) but i discovered that Eartntree is in new Hampshire and not far from Boston except i will be using public transport. Should I spend an extra day in Boston to go there or should i not and spend an extra day in New York City, seeing a show and visiting a friend? 

so nice to be back in this lovely community.

Thanks Sarah. I had forgotten how hard it to to plan a trip itintary since it has been so long but fun as well having something to look forward to. 

This trip seems to be becoming a dollhouse/miniatures trip and second hand book store treasure hunting :) 

Boston and Earth and Tree would be the best choice!!! I live in southern NH (originally from MA), 40 minutes - without traffic - to Boston and about 45 minutes to Earth and Tree. 

You can p.m. me for more info. 

I'm not sure if you can get to Earth and Tree by public transport? You might have to rent a car. Amy would know better, though.

I grew up in the Boston area and there used to be three mini shops relatively nearby but sadly they've all closed now. :( There's a store called Flip This Dollhouse in New Bedford that's about as far south from Boston as Earth and Tree is north, but again I don't think you'd be able to get there on public transport.

There's no public transportation in Amherst NH, it's too rural. You really would need to take an uber, or there's a bus from Boston to Manchester that takes 1 1/2hrs, then get an uber from the Manchester bus station to Earth and Tree. Then you'd still need to get back. If it were me, I wouldn't go through all that aggravation. 

I agree with Grazhina. Traveling to and from Earth and Tree will take up so much time that you will not have a lot of time to spend there, and that is assuming that they will be open on the day you need to visit. You will have had a mini overload at the show in Chicago. My choice would be to spend the time with a friend in NY and see a show.

Thanks for all the replies. With looking at it and thinking I think the Chicago show will be plenty of enough and I will just wait and do Earthntree another time I am in the USA.  

I think i just didn't realise the distance and timing and how to get there. It would have been nice but spending time with friends after the last few years is more important and special. 

• Like 2