Hi from me

Thimble Hall

I just popped in to say Hi.

I am gradually coming out of my shell so am hoping I can pop back often.It is still hard for me as I spent so much time on here after my husband died. I went a bit odd, appparently I had not accepted his death, I was stll expecting him to come home so eventually it affected my health.I bought alot of things I didn't need.Then  I started to give a lot of stuff away , much was surplus and that was OK but also much was things I should not have been getting rid off.,but didn't realise it was odd behaviour.It has been explained to me since that I was geting ready to die off myself.All very odd, anyway it all sort of hit me when I was here one day  and didn't know why I was here. I contacted my DR. I was told I was suffering from delayed grief and it had finally hit me. There are a few months that I am unclear about,bits are still coming back slowly.It was all very weird, still is, but it seems I have come through it. I didn't have any depression or meds, I just mentally took an easier route than reality I guess. I jst couldn't bring myself to come back until I was certain I was through it all. OK. I just have to back track on a few things till they make sense. So you all now have an explanation why I seemed to vanish..This took a pluck to write but there you are.

This last week I have been selling off  my stash of kits, a couple of very nice folks bought some of them and I suggested they join the forum and I hope they do.

I have not touched a kit for a long time but am starting to feel the first rumblings lately, so it will be good when it all comes back. I didn't make any charity give aways for three years now so see no point in hanging on to kits I won't do anythiing with..so they are going. I will be keeping a couple only and will keep all  my Petite Properties kits.

The expected back surgery I was waiting for didn't happem the neurosurgeion would not do it, he said it was too dicey and refused so that threw me for a small loop. That was lat yaer so have accpeted that now. Other than the fact that I have no appetite that is all.I am losing weight, not the right way to lose it but what can you do. I guess it will come back.

Anyway friends..you are all up to date, my secret is out. I Hope I can I will stay with the forum. I just needed to  share that with you all. I don't think I offended anyone. I have started working my way through my workroom which has laid unused formore than  2 years at least so maybe when I get it all sorted I may just, with a bit of luck, build something,until then I won't have much to share but will enjoy reading about all your work

Love form Jeannine

Welcome home, Jeanine, I have missed you sorely.  Grief work is a bear (I am thinking of a worse word), but must be done, one way or another.  I also have a dicey back, and at my age it's slowing me down.  We love you and are here for you when you need us.

Welcome back Jeannine. I have missed you.   I’ve thought of you and said my prayers for you. Grief if not an easy process but so happy that it is going much better for you. I don’t come on often but I do love to see what everyone is doing. It’s great to see you back

I am sorry for your loss. Everyone handles grief differently. So no apologies, or labels like weird or odd. I shudder to think of how I will hold up when it is my turn. You are working through a difficu5lt time as best y9u can, that's all.

You may not build any more, but your camaraderie and experience will always be treasured by me. I look forward to hearing from you....your journey through life and opinions on ours!

Thanks gang, you have given me the support that enabled me to sort out a house to go back to working on . I was changing it so now I have to figure out what part I am up to..going to be fun..

Qubanqtee, I remember beating someone on e bay when I bought my Queen Anne and I think it was you.and felt dreadful later because I didn't know it was  member. I have sold off most of my houses but have still got the Queen Anne. I only wanted to keep one  of the large MDF kits I had, the Queen Anne, The Newport and the Granville..well it has taken me a week and with a bit of help from forum members I have decided. The Queen Anne won.I have no idea wheh I will make a start but she stays.

XX Jeannine

Probably been about 11 years since I actually said anything on this forum (2 kids and life got in the way) but I do pop in to see what you've all been up to and it's lovely to see you back.  I've thought about you often.

I wnt to the Drs office with a paint brush holding up my hair..does that count Sometimes I can't put my hand on the decorative stick I use after I Brush and twist the hair so I grab hwat happens to be near by, a pencil, knitting needle, chpstick, paintbrush even a piece of dowel..Actually I shouldn'y say I di grab, I should say I used to grab. I cut my waist length hair short just 2 days ago

• Like 1