Dollhouse for my niece

Bitsy

I bought this house off ebay last year from someone locally for $50 (already built.) I offered it to my sister for my 6 year old niece. She paid me for it and said she wanted to decorate it. Six months later it is still waiting to be decorated!! My sister is not really into dollhouses and doesn't have any free time, so she wants to pay me to decorate it for her. It needs to be done by Christmas! I am in a bit of a panic now. :(

I worked on the kitchen this evening for about 6 hours!! Here is a picture....

2427197480098554360Wskdac_th.jpg

I was looking at the post about the Willowcrest earlier and loved the floor, so I did my best to copy it! :yikes:

I had already primed most of the house and wired it. I also added a partition to make a bathroom area on the second floor and made an attic partition. Hopefully I can get it done in time! Wish me luck!!!!! B)

2990558790098554360HZvPRu_th.jpg

Bitsy, I feel for you. That panic that you'll never get it done in time. I'm in the same boat. I'm doing one for my niece, too, for Christmas. Only it's my present to her. I've been wanting to give her one for years and my sister and brother-in-law wouldn't allow one. She's a neat freak, doesn't think her daugher would take care of it, and they think dollhouses just take up too much space. But this year I told my sister that my neice is getting one...period. She's 11 and will probably like dollhouses her whole life--she's a very crafty girl. She's old enough now to really take care of it, so I've electrified it and culling from my stock of minis for it.

Now her 14 year old brother, have no idea what to get him so he's getting a gift card. Teenagers are horrible to buy for.

Even if you don't get all of it finished for Christmas your niece and you can work on finishing it off together.

wanting to give her one for years and my sister and brother-in-law wouldn't allow one. She's a neat freak, doesn't think her daugher would take care of it, and they think dollhouses just take up too much space.

Hmmm. That's one attitude, obviously someone never had a dollhouse as a child.

Hmmm. That's one attitude, obviously someone never had a dollhouse as a child.
My Dh has the opposite view.. . he actually pushed me into dollhouses so that I couldn't complain about his trains. Talk about a a space grabber... oh my goodness! He's got two huge platforms in the basement.

The house is looking good Bitsy.! What kind is it? What does the front look like?

Hi, Thanks for the encouragement....I've been busy with it, that is for sure.

I'm not sure what kit it is....I bought if off ebay from someone locally, it was already built.

Here is a picture of the front....The color is sort of an army green with off white and pink trim. I love the way the windows turned out! B)

2489694090098554360TYKuxF_th.jpg