The Primrose: A Rabbit Habitat

KathieB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I love this house. Puts a smile on my face everytime I look at it. Did you make your easter baskets? The landscaping is beautiful.

Thanks, Peggi. :wave:

The baskets came from HBS.

Kathie, I think the last time I saw this was when you were doing the roof. It has turned out fantastic! It's really getting me in the Easter mood!

You mentioned earlier about using U-channel for walls and floors . . . what is this and what does it do? Thanks!

You mentioned earlier about using U-channel for walls and floors . . . what is this and what does it do? Thanks!

These pictures are of the U-channel used to finish off the wall and ceiling edges in the Orchid. It is like a 3-sided trough and slides over the edge. HBS and others have it in a variety of sizes to fit over 1/8, 3/32, 1/4", etc. I like the way it gives the edges a "finished" look.

... ...

For the Primrose, I used eighth inch stripwood, stained, on the walls. The ceiling piece sanded smooth and took the stain well enough that I didn't have to cover it. The photo picks up the little hollows more than the eye does.

I made a bed for the still-nameless niece, and some gerbera daisies from Shelly's tutorial. I experimented with various weights and colors of paper for the flowers.

... ...

I rearranged the downstairs a bit. Poor Li'l Miss Rabbit still doesn't have a front door.

it really does put you the mood for spring!

the colors are soooo "wake up" I always enjoy my visit to your lil cottage with no door. :wave:

what about one of those half doors...forgetting thier name at the moment.

Love the bed and the flowers turned out sooo nice!

nutti :)

I always enjoy my visit to your lil cottage with no door. :wave:

what about one of those half doors...forgetting thier name at the moment.

Thanks, Nutti! Li'l Miss Rabbit is holding out for a dutch door. I haven't gotten around to making it because of some small issues. She wouldn't let me hang the full door that came with the house, even after I'd painted it ever so nicely. I'm leaning toward giving her only the bottom half of the door, not the top. If it opens inward, the top half of the door would block one window or the other, and I think opening outward would look awkward. This little house is too dark to block any light (it's not electrified).

One morning I'll wake up with the answer ... or Li'l Miss Rabbit will bop me with her flower basket ... and it will be done! :)

Now Kathie, I think we all know that Lil Miss Rabbit is FAR too ladylike to do something like "bop" you :thumb: I am thinking one of those half doors like Mr. Ed had, so he could stick his head out the door to get some fresh air!

• 2 months later...

Well, Li'l Miss Rabbit got no door at all, but SIL doesn't mind. Lloyd took pictures when she opened the box, but I won't be able to post until we get home next week. Bottom line: she loves it.

I actually have that door in my stash, Krista. But any door at all made the little house seem too crowded. Li'l Miss Rabbit isn't so li'l ... but it looks cute with her standing in the open doorway. :w00t:

I just adore this cottage, and love the whole idea behind the scene as well. No wonder your sis' loved it as well!

Had a couple of ideas regarding the door though, one could make a fake "sliding" door or perhaps one of those folding doors, also fake and tucked to the side so to speak.

Hugs