The Primrose: A Rabbit Habitat

KathieB

Li'l Miss Rabbit is 5-1/2" tall, just right for the petite Primrose. Found her at Deal$, a dollar store in Columbia, MO, last summer. She and her house will be moving to Sugar Land, TX, to live with my sis-in-law, who has a mighty rabbit collection. I knew there was some reason the little missy resisted boxing up and even hid when I left to visit SIL recently!

I'm sure she'll be watching the construction with a keen eye. I've promised her we can get started right after Thanksgiving, and I have an inkling that she'll keep the Nag Index racheted up if I drag my feet!

As you can see, she loves flowers. I think the window boxes helped her choose this house. :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a cutie pie!!!! I can imagine her spurring you on if you drag your feet and no wonder she needs a flower bed to tend to and pots and watering cans and.....

I am sure she will let you know all she needs LOL

Looking forward seeing what comes out of this rabbit habitat :)

Hugs

Think she'll eat her tulips before they bloom?

LOL!! She may well do just that!

Kathie...I have the same Rabbit lady and also two kid rabbits jumping rope!!

Wow, I did not think of them in a house and look at you! This should be a fun house to watch you build! I sure can not wait to see it!

Oh, my! Twins, separated at birth!

I bought some moss at Hobby Lobby today, thinking to use it for roofing material on the rabbit habitat. I think I can just glue it to the roof, but I'm wondering how well it will hold up.

Has anyone glued moss on a house? If so, what was your experience?

I know Nutti has used it. She used it on her haunted house :(

Yes! Perfect!

I would think if you sprayed it very well with insecticide (outside) and let it dry thoroughly and then sealed it with matte varnish it oughta last forever!

Good idea! I was wondering about bits falling off, but the varnish ought to glue it down pretty well without making it look overstarched.

• 3 weeks later...

Li'l MIss Rabbit has been nagging at me. I promised her I'd start on her house as soon as the Travel Trailer was finished. But I'm working on the pet shop/grooming parlor instead.

Why, you ask? Well, DH gave me a Dremel Stylus for Christmas, but I'm such a good kid that I won't open it until Christmas. The pet shop doesn't need any sanding. The Primrose does. And now that I know the Stylus is waiting (under the tree, where I pet it daily) .... well, Li'l Miss Rabbit just has to have some patience!

I'm eager to get started on it. I found some really cute scrapbooking paper for the walls. One sheet may even work for flooring if I decide not to stain.

Hmmm .. I could stain and prime (carefully, so as not to glue pieces to backing material) while I'm waiting for my Christmas present. The pet shop should be finished today ...

Well, Li'l Miss Rabbit raised the Nag Index today when she realized the Pet Shop is finished. So, to keep her calm, we opened the box. She's decided she wants the floors stained, but I think she'll let me paint the rest of the woodwork. (One pitiful picture added to album.)

New Year's Day tomorrow ... a good day to be working on a dollhouse. :ohyeah: