buying surge

sandilpn

Well, in the time between winning the Dura-craft Queen Anne on Ebay and now, I have also purchased the Franklin and another Primrose. Why? I have no idea, I just did. Also some shingles. I have to stop this...make me stop...I am going to have my craft room so full that I won't be able to move around in it (and it is dangerously close to that as it is)

The good part is that I will have plenty to work on in the cold nights this winter.

Also discovered today that another hobby shop close to my parents' house sells Greenleaf dollhouses and he'll order anything that I want! Um, as if that isn't a temptation. That BH is calling my name clear from the factory. I am going to put the shop on my christmas list and which houses I would like to have.

This is going to be one exciting Christmas--I am listing mostly dollhouses..:thumb:

pssst I have a secret....I also have been quietly collecting more kits :yucky:

my kit closet was down to the last one and than one day I looked in there and I swear somehow they multiplyed :banana:

I couldnt be happier!

it will slow down and than you will get in a huge building binge!

nutti :wave:

and yet I see no photos? :banana:

can you explain?

lol

nutti :yucky:

Yep right no pics?????? We NEEEEEED eyecandy, especially a Monday morning with rough winds and steel grey skies and back to work...

Hugs

pssst I have a secret....I also have been quietly collecting more kits

This is not a secret. Everyone knows they spontaneously multiply (like our children's Fisher-Price Play People). (That's MY story to DH)

There ya go Andrew! :yucky:

I am on a buying,building, and decorating hiatus. I am in one of those not in the mood moods. Maybe cause there is sooo much other stuff I have to do right now. But alas I know it wont last. I will be back in full force mini addiction soon!

This is one addiction that I don't want to have cured!!

Winter has arrived up here in Canada and it's so great to have my stockpile of miniatures to work on.

During HBS 20% off sale in October I ordered in a bunch of electrical supplies (should be here soon). I also ordered in some more landscaping supplies through MiniKitz. I've been working on mini Christmas decorations for my dollhouses, and mini-desk items for a diorama that I'm making for one of my brothers for Christmas. I spent Saturday making mini-money for his desk. Teeny tiny bills. I got them off of Jim's Printies. The slowest part is making a nice tight crease as I fold them. I went over to have lunch with my dad today and he told me that he found a metal ruler always made the best creases. Another source suggested the dull side of an exacto-knife. I'm not sure I'd trust myself with the exacto-knife. I can see myself day-dreaming and running a finger down the sharp side.

Funny short story. Saturday I had just folded and glued several mini-dollars. I was quite pleased with the little stack I had on the kitchen table. I stood up to pour myself another cup of coffee, and sat back down .... just in time to see Missymew's tongue ingest my mini pile of money!!! Gone ... just like that ... all my work. I opened her mouth, but they were gone ... swallowed. Now, you tell me, why can't I get her to take a pill when I need to. Hmmmm....next time I think I'll just stick her pill between the two sides of a mini-dollar before I glue it down!!

-Susanne

I'll just stick her pill between the two sides of a mini-dollar before I glue it down!
There's an idea!

clueless on interior decorating.

Once the Gluemeister gives us his full report I think I'd try going with all-white on the interior: moire patterned satin or jacquard on the walls, lace or crocheted drapes, maybe a polarbear rug and white Scandinavian-style furniture (my brain runneth over!)...