Storing Miniature Furniture..... I need help...

Soapz

Good morning all!

I need help. For weeks now, I have been de-cluttering my house and I am almost there.

For the reorganized workroom, I bought two large wire shelves (brilliant deal on A) - 84x48x18 on wheels, moved my desk, put my two cheapo file cabinets on a moving dolly (My Wentworth will be living there) and moved my tools into my "storage" bedroom. I had these plastic drawer organizers that cannot hold weight and threw out the frames for them - my old bookshelves are a perfect fit for the drawers so I use them for tools & accessories that I do not need to "see".

Here is the question: I want to store the 'few' pieces of furniture that I bought so that I can see them. I also need to store the ones I bought for repair or rehab so that I can 'see' them. Y'all - I forget I have them and then buy them again.... and again. Same for tools - I caught myself buying the HF chop saw twice........... It really is getting ridiculous. 

Help? Any ideas or solutions are welcome. 

• Like 1

Yesterday after we attended DH's coin show we hit every thrift store that was open and one of them had some of the Rubbermaid-type stacking storage drawers that are transparent.  I have one I use for fabric storage, the drawers are transparent.

57 minutes ago, Sable said:

Possibly, floating shelves about 6 feet high on a wall so you can display them. I say 6 feet for two reasons: so you don’t hit your head and so you don’t see the dust.

I put adjustable 6-inch shelving above a table. They hold furniture and accessories mostly designated for the current build, the Beacon Hill. The boxes are organized by room. Accessories are organized by type (food, wall art, etc).

• Like 3

Check for clear plastic containers with straight sides. Mine were all somewhat angled, but the straight sided ones are so much better, you can get more in there and the stuff inside won't tip over. I also took photos and printed thumbnail photos which I taped to furniture manufacturer's  boxes to identify what was inside.

I'm pretty sure I've seen clear boxes for shoes....don't know size, price etc - but could be something to search on.  These are all really good ideas - I have two shelves in a cupboard with a heap of 'new' stuff in them but I have to pull everything out of the cubes (sitting on the shelves) to find anything.