room boxes and printies

whoistono

Hi,

I have used printies in pictures and framed them.I have used printies to make boxes for food,Xmas presents.You can use printies to make rugs.I have used printies to make shopping bags.I bought a scrapbooking binder that holds my printies.It has dividers so you can put them into categories.It zips up and has handles for carrying to club meetings.I got it at Walmart for $12.99 in the craft section.

I use printies for every thing I love the wallpaper I find I also laminate a lot to make floors If I find a stain glass I like I print it and use it as a templet to draw from . I also like the funitures I find I paste that to heavy stock paper to make counter and such saves a lot of time

I really am enjoying my adventures into printies! Mine are pretty crude, but I keep practicing and experimenting and I think eventually I'll do well. I've made food boxes for the pantry, kitty litter boxes, a neat chest in my "workshop", a vanity for my bathroom..

If nothing else, the printie-furniture can fill the space until I can afford to buy some more sophisticated stuff. I'm going to be practicing this week on printing out rugs onto cloth.

That's all I've been doing today.

Glueing tiny boxes of food, toy boxes, magazines, books, sewing patterns...

I'm really having fun with these.

I intend to have well stocked stores!

Would love to see pics of how you use printies. I'm having trouble folding them I have a 6 in plastic ruler I have been using but it sems like it makes the fold lines too thick. What do you use to make the creases? Is there a special tool I can buy to make the fold on the lines better?

Thank you

Janet

A thin metal ruler would probably make the creases a little tighter. We've used the metal edge on my small paper cutter to fold creases on, or the edge of a metal spatula or chisel might work too.

A good place to check out for tutorials and tips on working with paper is www.paperminis.com

Printies are a lot of fun. I don't think I've taken pictures of everything I've used them for, but I have a few pictures in my webshots albums. The wallpaper and floors in my micro mini houses are all printies and I've done a bunch of 1/12" scale stuff too.

Hmmm.... printies, well I kind of like them lol, and use them whenever I can, I have had a gift boxes and shopping bag making-spree latley, so that was a lot of fun, then I made ooooooodles of boxes and stuff for the modern office, and as I make readable books I make these up and fold and bind in leather covered covers, so whatever you might like can be used as a printie, you can always visit Jim's printables for an idea of some things to do using printables: www.printmini.com then there are the knitting patterns, the thingy around wool skeins, charts and calendars, receipts etc etc the list can go on and on...

As for the folding, I only crease the fold very lightly over a thin ruler just sort of lay the printie over where it would be folded and run my finger along the line very gently then when all the folds are "pre-folded" so to speak, I go over them again folding them tightly so that they will have pristine looking corners :banana:

That is something I look upon as a sort of meditation....

Hugs

practicing this week on printing out rugs onto cloth

Please share pictures if they turn out well. There's a spray fixitive you can spray on the fabric ASA it comes out of the printer to keep the ink from smearing.

Molmrath thank you for sharing the link to yur miniatures they are wonderfully excellent. I especially loved the soda bottles. Would you mind telling me how you made them? I'm trying to make a birthday room box and those would look great in there.

Thank you Janet.

Thank you everyone for telling me how to fold these printies.

I use printies for lots of things: books, pictures, signs, food boxes, and I even made a computer and old time radio. Your choices are endless. Check out the sites that have printable minis.

www.printmini.com/ is a great site to start. Good hunting :banana:

beth

Sometimes it helps when making a box printie, to fold and glue it over a piece of wood or foamcore, or some such. You could fold it over something hard just to make the shape without creasing or otherwise "maiming" it, and then remove the wood (or whatever hard thing you used) before refolding and gluing the printie. :banana:

Hi!! I love printies...it's the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to fill up your dollhouse....I have made food & toiletry packages, "paintings" for the wall, money. I have used them to make plates and my first printies attempt..record albums!!

post-251-1162730890_thumb.jpg post-251-1162730965_thumb.jpg

If you want to see some really cool printies...Check out Kathie B's thread "Cousin Dave's Mural"....She did a kitchen out of printies that nearly made me fall out of my chair!!!

Molmrath thank you for sharing the link to yur miniatures they are wonderfully excellent. I especially loved the soda bottles. Would you mind telling me how you made them? I'm trying to make a birthday room box and those would look great in there.

Thank you Janet.

Thank you everyone for telling me how to fold these printies.

Thanks! :thumb:

I bought the unfinished soda bottles at Minikitz and then used glass paints to color them. Then I saved and resized the soda labels off of the internet and glued them on with ModPodge. I may still have the labels saved on my computer somewhere. I'll have to check.

Printies....I use them for a lot of things, but mostly wallpaper & sometimes floors. After I print them out, I spray them with fixative that I got in the paint dept. of the craft store. I cut them to fit & then use spray adhesive to put them on. I have a small metal roller that is used for laminate counter tops that I use to roll the air bubbles out of them. I think the one project that used the most printies was my Pharaoh's Tomb, that I hope to have up on auction later this week.

Steve

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smb900

Molmrath thank you for telling me where you got the bottles at. I found the online shop and spent about 2 hours browsing. I bought 5 of those cute soda bottles and some other things.

Steve I can't wait to see your Pharaoh's tumb. That site minikitz has alot of Pharaoh stuff.

Thank you again

Janet

If you want to see some really cool printies...Check out Kathie B's thread "Cousin Dave's Mural"....She did a kitchen out of printies that nearly made me fall out of my chair!!!

Hey, thanks! :yucky:

The kitchen cupboards and stove were printed on glossy photo paper. That gave them some body when it came to folding and gluing, so we didn't have to put them over wood or cardboard and also gave them a nice shine.

Here's a hint for folding printies:

Put a straightedge along the fold line and score with the back of a pair of scissors or and kind of smooth metal tool. I used the backside of a curved metal dental pictk, one I use with Fimo.

Here's the secret:

Score on the PRINTED side of the paper, not the backside. What you're doing is compressing the paper on the front and effectively making a little paper hinge along the back. It will fold slick as a whistle and not have any of the little rough places that sometimes show up along a fold.

Thank you for sharing your secrets to make the nice tight crisp folds. That's definitely the secret to using printies.

I've just begun to use these mini-wonders for the first time. They really are amazing. I took a box of teeny tinies that I'd made from printies over to my mum and dad's today. They were really impressed. When my dad built my Beacon Hill for me in 1994, these weren't so available. My folks didn't have access to a computer or anything like that. My dad was truly amazed when I showed him what's available online ... for free.

-Susanne