What do you throw away?

ndtono

I have new eyes now that I finally got into building my first house..

I always was kind of a pack rat, but I am out of control now..

I can not throw away things...I need to save it in case it could be used for ????...

I go outside and look at tree branches, leaves, rocks..you name it!! all the time thinking...hmmm..maybe I could make ???? or ???? out of this for the house!!!!!!

I even looked in the dumpster yesterday and found some nice foam board..do not want the neighbors to see, so I quickly hurried up the driveway!!! :)

what is happening to me???????? :blink:

You are a true miniaturist - just admitting it to yourself is half the battle - now just make sure the neighbours know too - otherwise they may throw away something you could use!

I was just opening the oven door, mitts on my hands, when my daughter arrived home for lunch one day - as I slid the cookie tray out, she came closer. "Mmmm, what did you make?" she breathed, eyes aglow with anticipation. "Twigs" :) I said, and showed her my beautiful curly twigs, all clean and baked to sterilized perfection. She gave me that Look again. I get it all the time from family and friends. Do you know the Look I mean? :blink:

Yes I sure do..my grandkids thought they saw everything before with me saving various things, but now they just look and say "nan!!! what are you thinking!! or "your crazy.."

you can tell they are teens and not the least interested in my "hobbies"

Jackie, good idea on the twigs..

Man I wish I had relatives like you. Most parents appreciate when there kids are creative my family fears it. :lol: But I’m seventeen, and I just don't understand them. Maybe it’s because they don't understand me. They want to send me for psychiatric help. :D :dots:

Ahh i'ts not that bad they just look at me funny :lol:

you mean we are actually supposed to throw things away. lol

My son has already told me that if I ever die. He is just going to put my

whole house up for sale on EBAY. as is. lol Guess you can say i have just

way to much stuff. soprok

I save everything and throw away nothing (until this past Saturday hubby started looking at some of my old dollhouse kits that I keep for "parts only" because I did not use all parts to the kit while building). Yeap, I was down there the whole time fussing "Don't throw that out....I may need it soon" :D :lol:

Ahhhh, the throwing thigns away issue.... Hmmm well as I am a cross between a terrier and a hamster, I won't let thigns go easily :D and I come form a looooon line of hoarders, ooops sorry collector, as do my hubby, only he collects differnent things.

But, things might get under the years rule at times, ie id it hasn't been used within a period of 5 years it will be in line for the recycling farm if it isn't something like a kit or so... This mostly aplies o those empt containers, pieces of tiny scrapwood pieces, brushes with just a single whisker etc etc :lol:

Hugs

I knew I was crazy when I found myself gathering the thin wire stems of some clay flowers I cut down...figured I could use them when I start making my own flowers, or as stems on clay apples (I can't make either). :clap: I keep so much scrap wood I've started a collection I refer to as 'The Lumber Yard'.

I got bold and threw some stuff away once. Not just in the garbage can, but I made sure I took out the trash, just so I couldn't change my mind. I mourned for a week. :) I'll never do that again!

Do you know the Look I mean?
You mean the one that says "(S)he needs a nice long rest at the funny farm"?

"Don't throw that out....I may need it soon"

It is one of the Laws of Mini-ing that whatever long-hoarded item you (or, more likely, someone else) throws out is the very item you need to make your next mini! DH knows not to laugh, I guess he's used to me (after 43+ years he'd better be!)

brushes with just a single whisker
Anna, these are what you use to paint the irises & eyelashes on dolls!

I keep so much scrap wood I've started a collection I refer to as 'The Lumber Yard'.

I have little oak boards DH sawed for me from the sections of limb that broke off one of our trees in one of the hurricanes from '04, stacked to cure over in one corner with the rest of my stash of scrap lumber!

I knew I was crazy when I found myself gathering the thin wire stems of some clay flowers I cut down...figured I could use them when I start making my own flowers

I save those too and I wrap them around a tooth pick to make curley thingys for vines that look like they are trying to catch hold of something to grow up :clap:

Oh yes, the throwing away thing. Humpf. My policy is to keep absolutely everything as long as possible -- one just never knows when the whatchamacallit will come in handy. My problem is more of finding the thingamajigs when I want them :clap:

As soon as you throw something away , you will need it ! Moral of the story...never throw anything away!! I try to organize everything into boxes & mark the ends. Problem is that when I need something, I have to move 10 boxes to get at it!! Next problem is....I have a contractor across from my house & when he gets done with a job, he calls me down to go through his left-overs. (for free!) I keep telling the wife that I really do need that 5 gal. bucket of wood glue, and I really do need those 28 sheets of plywood , etc., etc. I have a 10 X 18' garden shed, but the lawnmower sits out in the yard under a tarp!!! Like many of you...I guess I'm out of control!

Steve in PA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smb900

My problem is more of finding the thingamajigs when I want them

I periodically have to go on a tear and gether up the acquisitions and stash them into labelled containers. DH & I have accumulated many pairs of activity-specific shoes (I counted and I have four pairs of hiking boots plus a pair of hiking sandals and three pairs of sandals to wear paddling, plus a pair each of cycling shoes & sandals (with pedal clips) and a pair each of running & cross-training shoes. I'm not quite to the level of Imelda Marcos, but I have lots of wonderful shoe boxes to keep supplies in for minis!

Oh the look... Well actually there are two looks...The *uh oh..she needs a med check* Look..and the *glazed over eyes looking like they had too much Apple Pucker * Look.

I am having a problem with the saving stuff. Meaning I dont have enough storage space for it. I already have no idea where I am going to put the White Orchid!

I sew something, I save the scraps. Yarn, ribbons, scraps of wood, scraps of doweling, feathers, rocks, sticks, etc etc. Looking like a squirrels nest in here!