Linoleum floors

Jokelly

I was trying to find an idea for a kitchen floor for my dollhouse and I didn't want to use the tile sheets I found anywhere. I had some scrapbook paper that was black and white tiled I was going to use those, but the sheets got wrinkled. When I went back to buy more they were sold out. So I was left without a floor.

So I was in Lowes a few weeks ago to buy tile grout for my bricks on my dollhouse and stopped at the paint chip aisle. There in the one section was a group of chips called "Tuscan Accents" by American Traditions that looked just like little linoleum tiles only on paper! They have the little speckles in them and everything. So I grabbed a handful of a few different colors and took them home. They work great cutting into 1inch squares and look exactly like a linoleum tiled floor. You can get 6 one inch squares out of each chip. Of course, last week I had to go back and get more samples because I didn't want to take all they had in one trip. But they look great. Much better than I had imagined.

I don't have my camera out to take a picture of it, but if I can find it later I will and post it. It just creates a wonderful floor...and for free.

For a glossy look, use clear drawer linner. Seals it to so it won't peel. I used that on top of my linolium floor, (made from another drawer liner) And used on some of my hard wood floors. Easy to clean :D

I didn't do grout lines because regular linoleum tile doesn't have them. They're butted up against one another. The chips are slightly textured so I don't know if I'm going to varnish them.

I showed my dad, who is definitely not into miniatures, and the first thing he said was "Oh, those look real." So I guess it's good.

The paint chips are great I found they make great matboards for pictures too

Also at Home depot they have foemica samples that are bigger and they make great counter tops for miniatures they measure 2x3 ins.

Ahhhhh, now that does make sense somehow..... I do need to get to my home decor store this week and as I am going to look for that hammered look spray paint I can as well see if they have these neat sample chips as well. I know they will look at me with a funny look somehow LOL

Hugs