exciting news!

ilovecats

I heard from andrew....one of his coworkers mentioned....(sounds like gossip eh?)...we are getting a hobby lobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over in Layton! (just 10 min down the road)

That would be so awesome!!!!!!

I hope we do....I hope they carry dollhouses and minis!!!

When I lived in Dallas, I used to go to HL almost every weekend! I used to look at the dollhouses and miniatures and think "i'd like to do a dollhouse someday"....It would be nice to have a place nearby to go look at stuff, instead of alway ordering online.

I used to walk around the store just window shopping! They have so much to look at (and buy hehe).

This is sooooo exciting! Sounds like it's more than a rumor...i wonder if there is any way to research and verify this.....

Oh I'm soooo jealous!!! Wish we'd get one and I'd even settle for a rumor! 'Course I'm saving lots of money by not having one - but oh how I miss having Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, Michaels.....

Hope the rumor is true :cloud9:

Oh my gosh! I just googled the store locations....the store IS here! It opened yesterday!

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Running over there this morning to see if they have amini section!

:yahoo:

Okay, a normal person wouldn't get this excited would they? lol.... Sorry, that is just another thing that i miss about living in Texas....this will just bring a bit of Texas back to me.

ROFL!!!

We are all normal...Just not the average everyday kind of normal. Most ppl would get excited about a chippendale chair...We get excited about a mini chippendale chair!

Hobby Lobby is a neat inexpencive store. There aren't any here in Philly but when I go back home to Woodstock, Il. for Christmas I'll be going to the one 10 mins. from where I use to live. I buy myself a Christmas present that way. :D You'll really love that store.

Beth

Okay, so by the time you read this you will be there and back...tell us ....tell us all about the treasures you seen and/or bought.

Here in Quebec, except for 1 ?craft store? there is nothing else but Wally-mart. Dollhouse stores are all gone, thank goodness for on-line shopping and vacations into the US once a year.

I wished we had a HL or something here....the nearest mini store is 3 hours away......I wished more people would get into dollhouses......I had never thought of doing one.....but thanks to a friend I'm doing one now and loving ever minute of it......I'm so happy you are getting a HL near you :D

That is exciting! You motivated me to call the closest hobby lobby to see if they carrried any miniatures, and they do! Guess where I'm going to be headed later today? :o The closest is about 20 minutes away, so that is not too bad.

Thanks for sharing!! :D I didn't know hobby lobby carried dollhouse supplies until today! :D

Welll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been there and back! I'm so excited! Walking thru the doors I was just so excited to see that familiar HL look (lots and lots of things to look at)!!!! I stopped and talked to several people (sales people)....I went back toward the section that I knew would have dollhouses, if they would carry them, they are generally back in that particular section.....well along the way i was distracted, so many fun things to look at (and an empty wallet lol) I kept thinking "oh i could use that in the mini world" or "that would look so pretty for xmas"....i finally spotted the minis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A small section, but what the heck, at least they had a section! i was closing in when one of the workers approached me....we talked for about 15 minutes, she is from Missouri, and I used to live there so we chatted about Missouri and Hobby Lobby! Then another worker approached and we all chatted. Meanwhile my eyes would drift over to the dollhouse section and I just thought okay...I have to go look!

Nothing on sale today but there will be a 40% off coupon in tomorrow's paper. Thru my conversation I also learned that they will have the coupons regulary and the girl that i spoke with thought dollhouses would be included in that! (does anyone know?). Anyway, there will be a total of 4 HL's in Utah. Next year the second one will open in West Jordan (south and west of SLC). Anyway, I told the ladies that i was glad to meet them and enjoyed talking with them and went to eyeball the dollhouses and goodies.

I went there thinking i would just window shop...i ended up with a faux ceiling (the tin type), wallpaper, a decorative plate, and a package of 3 mirrors. I drooled over the Queen anne (a different one that i haven't noticed by RGT's), it was 129.00. If only the pocket book hadn't been drained last week on mini's from ebay! They had an Orchid there for 25.00. I think a total of 7 dollhouse kits, mostly RGT's, but the prices were so much better than i have seen on ebay! They had a shelf above all of this stuff with completed homes. They look much better in person than they do in pictures on boxes on ebay! I stared at them for a little bit and dragged myself away. I strolled around the store rather quickly cuz i know i'll be back alot and wanted to get back home to work on my dollhouses today....well i did stop by the wood thingies section and found some beer barrels....then off to the wedding section and found some topiaries that can be painted ($1.27 each)....then out the door! So, that's the story! What a pleasant surprise to hear that they are here...and open! The grand opening is on monday...

Marg, please let me know if one does open. I will have to make the drive to go shopping.

Holly! You have GOT to go! I won't even tell you where the dollhouse section is (unless you want me to)...it's so cool just to wander around!

Take the Layton exit (i don't know the number now that they changed them all last year), but it's the exit for the Layton mall and the south gate for Hill AFB(I think coming from that direction it's the second Layton exit off of I 15), make a right, then make a right onto Main street (McGrath's fish house is on that corner)....go maybe a block and it's on your right. You'll see the sign. It's just before you get to Shopko. Have fun!

Marg,

The 40% coupons work for dollhouses at my HL here in Ohio. I have gotten Orchid for 15$ and have been tempted to buy the Princess Anne that way.

goodteach0

Yes, the Princess Anne...not queen...sorry! :o I knew it had Anne in it! :D That's great news! I know what i'm buying when i have a coupon in one hand and cash in the other!

You will absolulutely love going to your Hobby Lobby. I used to work in the very first Hobby Lobby...it is south Oklahoma City. I knew the owners way back when...LOL. Anyway, make good friends with your Hobby Lobby worker in the mini department...as she can special order all sorts of things just for you....I know this because I used to work in the mini department. Keep us informed as to what you are able to get in your store. Since I moved to New Orleans I no longer have the opportunity to get to a Hobby Lobby.

hugs

Janet

Holly! You have GOT to go! I won't even tell you where the dollhouse section is (unless you want me to)...it's so cool just to wander around!

Take the Layton exit (i don't know the number now that they changed them all last year), but it's the exit for the Layton mall and the south gate for Hill AFB(I think coming from that direction it's the second Layton exit off of I 15), make a right, then make a right onto Main street (McGrath's fish house is on that corner)....go maybe a block and it's on your right. You'll see the sign. It's just before you get to Shopko. Have fun!

Thanks, Marg! I should be able to find it.

I will have to make a trip out of it. One of my friends moved to SLC this summer and my nephew is at the Clearfield Job Corps. I could just get together with Tamara and got craft shopping. The more I think about it, I think I will have to visit in the spring, the hoidays are comming. I will tell Michael though. The trucking company he works for often sends him home via SLC. Maybe I can talk him into shopping for me. Atleast I know he won't overspend. :D

And go to their website and sign up for the weekly thing...there's always a coupon. You'll get it every Sunday. I don't think there's a coupon every week in the paper, but there is on the weekly thing. And you can print out more than one...just can't use it on the same day or transaction (can't remember which).

Margarita....you said you used to live in Dallas. Did you ever go to "Through the Keyhole" on Preston Forest? I live in Fort Worth (well, actually, 20 miles west of FW) and was wondering if the drive is worth it. It would be about a 60 mile drive for me (and thru Dallas traffic if you know what I mean!). I have not met anyone who has been there and I would love to go but dread the drive there. However, if the store is really great, I could probably be convinced to spend the day there. Glad you got a Hobby Lobby near you. I love that store but sure wish they carried a larger section of minis. I could never work there because I would wind up owing them money every payday. Better to just go visit periodically. :wave:

Margarita....you said you used to live in Dallas. Did you ever go to "Through the Keyhole" on Preston Forest? I live in Fort Worth (well, actually, 20 miles west of FW) and was wondering if the drive is worth it. It would be about a 60 mile drive for me (and thru Dallas traffic if you know what I mean!). I have not met anyone who has been there and I would love to go but dread the drive there. However, if the store is really great, I could probably be convinced to spend the day there. Glad you got a Hobby Lobby near you. I love that store but sure wish they carried a larger section of minis. I could never work there because I would wind up owing them money every payday. Better to just go visit periodically. :wave:

Hi Cathy! I've never been to that store, but I say if it's that close to you (relatively speaking) then I would definately go!!!!!!!!! You could make a day of it! Go eat at the Cheesecake Factory! yumm yumm! Or Macaroni Grill....:wave: I love that place! (oh man, now i'm craving it! At the time I lived in Dallas...well Plano actually...I was big into scrapbooking and spent alot of time doing that or crafty type things (which is why i spent alot of time at Hobby Lobby). I made all of my own flower arrangements with stuff from that store! My only exposure to dollhouses and miniatures at that time was at HL and I would look at the houses and think "i'd love to do that someday" and "boy they cost alot"...lol... now I think how much money i could have saved buying dollhouses there instead of on ebay and paying shipping. Ah well....I'm just far more extravagant with my money now than i was at the time.

I think traffic can be bad depending on the time of day you hit it....even tho there is a TON of traffic there, it usually moves fast and well. I think it's really only bad at the time of commuting and the streets in town are more congested on saturdays...things may be different now, it's been a good 4 years since i lived there. Go and have a peek! I'll bet they have some great miniatures!

Went there this afto, great to have such an awesome store so close, prolly under 15 mins via the I-15. Great selection of a lot of stuff Mickey's and Bob's don't carry. Their selection of minis was relatively great, since none of the other craft stores sell any of them, their prices on houses amazing. I also checked the model isle, they had all their kits at 30% off, and a great selection, they sell Revell kits (they're German) which are of super high quality. With the sale I picked up a 1/400th scale Queen Mary 2 kit, under 70 bucks all in. It's about 3 feet long, gonna be great. There's a U-Boat I'd like to get too. I may convince myself to get that later in the week. It's about the same length. Man they're going to be seeing a lot of me in there. :wave: