exciting news!

ilovecats

You guys are sooo lucky. We don't have Hobby Lobby around here, the only places we have is Michaels, that's 10 min. away, a Pat Catans that's 40 minutes away and there is a mini store but they are expensive so for me it's cheaper to shop online.

I hope you post some pics of your Queen Mary 2, love looking at models as much as dollhouses :wave: . I have an R.M.S Titanic that I built with minimal help from Greg (he's the model builder in the family) it proudly has a home amongst all the model cars :wave: .

You guys are sooo lucky. We don't have Hobby Lobby around here, the only places we have is Michaels, that's 10 min. away, a Pat Catans that's 40 minutes away and there is a mini store but they are expensive so for me it's cheaper to shop online.

Annette, I live near California (not the state, the town in PA). I'm about 20 minutes from both Pat Catans and Michaels. Which Pat Catan's do you go to? The Pleasant Hills or Duquesne one? I've heard the Duquesne store is bigger but I've never been to that one. I have no desire to shop in Duquesnse, even if it is just down the road from Kennywood. I've noticed that Michaels has dramatically cut their miniature aisle. Either that or they moved it and I've never found it. I usually only run in and buy DAS clay and wood strips if I'm going to Target. I think I know what Mini store you're talking about. I've been there but only a time or two. I've heard there is a nice dollhouse store in Greensburg. I was talking to someone this week about and she said it's a really nice store.

Annette, I live near California (not the state, the town in PA). I'm about 20 minutes from both Pat Catans and Michaels. Which Pat Catan's do you go to? The Pleasant Hills or Duquesne one? I've heard the Duquesne store is bigger but I've never been to that one. I have no desire to shop in Duquesnse, even if it is just down the road from Kennywood. I've noticed that Michaels has dramatically cut their miniature aisle. Either that or they moved it and I've never found it. I usually only run in and buy DAS clay and wood strips if I'm going to Target. I think I know what Mini store you're talking about. I've been there but only a time or two. I've heard there is a nice dollhouse store in Greensburg. I was talking to someone this week about and she said it's a really nice store.

I've been to both Pat Catan's and I really like the one in Pleasant Hills. I wouldn't mind going to the one in Aliquippa (hubby works about 15 minutes from it) just to see what they carry.

If you go to the Michaels in Washington they did cut there mini aisle to almost nothing :lol: . I totally forgot about the store in Greensburg, I haven't been there in years :lol: . Last time I went they had some really nice stuff and worth the drive :D .

Another place that I just found out about is Hobbytown USA in Robinson Town Centre, my dad was out there and he said they have a mini aisle, I just haven't got out there yet to see for myself.

I live in So California and we have no HL here..only Michaels and they have no minis, except for that $1.00 hutch..a lot of wood..no dollhse that I found anyway..there is a lot to look at there but most of the time the shelves are empty...I am so jealous!!

The thing I dislike about Michaels, at least the one in Washington, PA, is that half the store is devoted to floral. I wish they'd give more floor space to other crafts.

We used to have a Ben Franklin Crafts in Bridgeville, PA, that carried dollhouses and miniatures, but it went out of business years ago. It's just so much easier to buy everything online. At least online I know I'll be able to get the moldings and pieces I need, unlike the local mini store.

We finally found an old Ben Franklin store N of Harrisonburg, VA, on our recent trip, but no minis there. None of the Michael's we hit had any minis (but I have added considerably to my hutch stash!). We found a Hobbytown USA in VA Beach that had minis, and they carry Greenleaf & Corona Concepts kits!!! I picked up another Chrysnbon kitchen range (love 'em!) there, no room in the truck or camper for anything larger (I had to pass up a 3-story "fixer-upper" in a Winchester thrift shop the proprietor was willing to part with for US$20!)

Our nearest HLs (about 100 miles away in GA) seem to be phasing out their minis. I found some AC Moore stores with a few minis and some with nearly none.

I read somewhere that Michaels is going to discontinue their little hutches. I have no idea if there is any truth to this rumor, but they dramatically cut out our mini aisle so I wouldn't be surprised if they do stop selling them.

I found out there is a Hobby Lobby about 30 minutes from me! I am so excited. I ran out of time yesterday and couldn't go, but today is shaping up good if I get offline! Why don't any of you all live near me? I can't find anyone to play house with me. The local hobby store even went out of business.

Marg, Michael is going to go to the new store for me this week. He wants to know if there is enough room around for him to park his semi.

Actually the parking lot is very tight around the HL right now due to the construction, but he might have more luck parking over by Shopko, it's at the ather end of the strip mall. Won't be much of a walk.