Greenleaf Mini Village

Peachie

The brown truck pulled up and caught me off guard....and it was my village she delivered......now that put a smile on face ;) ......I've been wanting to do one for a long time...now I get my chance....it will be after New Years when I get started on it.....I want to say Thank you to Dean and Greenleaf for making all this possible for us......it will be days before I come down off :thumb:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Robin, I've been wanting one for over a year....now I finally have it.....I think we all have money issues at times.....I know what it is like.....I've been there before......

My village is supposed to arrive on Halloween! :o I'm so green at all of this...I don't even know what 1/4 scale means, and what's available for these little houses. I found a thread on here where folks are really turning out some fantastic villages, and recommend reinforcing the roof and making it removable. Somebody else hinged the back. Apparent O scale train accessories are the right scale?

At any rate, I won't be home on the 31st, so my husband has strict orders to pounce on the poor UPS guy when he arrives. It's OK...the UPS guy is used to our pouncing on him for his parcels! :D

It's hard to wait, but sometimes bigger things get in our mini way. You can still dream and plan for the day you can make a start on your village. :D What are your ideas so far? Please share! :o

I plan on doing a Christmas village......as of now.....I can't wait to get started on it.....I've admired Ed's villages they are beautiful......I hope to get the other villages to go with it.....but it will be later.....do you have any suggestion.......

Congrats Ellen!

I know how much you wanted to win this!

We all can't wait to see it when you get cracking on it..

How is the house building going??

mini hugs

Jennifer

Thank you,

Its going great.....I had pics on here and deleted them by accident so I will re-post those.....I'm working on a fireplace right now.....I hope it turns out.....if not I will buy one.....Yes I've wanted one for a long time.....I know how excited you are uppitycats.....I have never done one of these either, so I've asked Ed to help me if I get stuck on something......

Well now I can't wait for mine to arrive...

Although I have the same problem...no clue as to what I'll do with it. I'm thinking a Christmas village just so my husband won't freak out...heheheee... that way I can take it out once a year and have fun.

As for 1/4 scale, I'll have to wait to see it just to "get" the scale.

Can anyone direct me to villages others have made? I'd love to see some samples.

Well now I can't wait for mine to arrive...

Although I have the same problem...no clue as to what I'll do with it. I'm thinking a Christmas village just so my husband won't freak out...heheheee... that way I can take it out once a year and have fun.

As for 1/4 scale, I'll have to wait to see it just to "get" the scale.

Can anyone direct me to villages others have made? I'd love to see some samples.

Susanna go in and look at Ed_Cal....he has done the mini village and has done a wonderful job.....I think Christmas is a special time and I think it would just look warm and cozy all lite up......

Peggi, I know I have been talking about the barn for ages, it has been cut out. I need to finish cutting out the stall windows/doors . It wi;ll be much larger than most of the Greenleaf buildings.

For all who are building villages, I will assist in any way possible.

I am also planning a series of building the "improved" village upgrading some materials/details without changing the overall size/shape of the village..adding siding doing other types of roofing, replacing card trim with wood, making roofs removable for lighting and possible interior detail

After all of that my next series of buildings will be a series of Railroad related buildings to join the depot....water tank, freight shed, platform shelters etc

Too many ideas TOOOOOOOO Little time

Ed

don't even know what 1/4 scale means, and what's available for these little houses.

Technically 1/4 scale means 3"=1', but to most miniers it means 1"=4', or 1:48. There are some nice little mass-produced molded plastic furniture sets available, and some artisans also work in this scale.

I plan on doing the mini villiage as a Christmas Theme...I will put lights in all.....some of the houses I will put lights and furniture.....I'm already planning and looking for all the stuff I will need to do it......later I may purchase another one and do different things with it.....will have to wait and see....

I've had to be gone all day.....but all I could think about was my mini village.....so I come home and re-open the box.....just to touch it.....because my hands are wanting to get started on it......I can see it all coming together in my head.....you could say I'm like a kid with a new toy....can't keep my hands off it.... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to wait before I started on the mini village....but had a change in plans...so I'm hoping to get started on it tomorrow....I had to open the box again today....and the smell of the wood was heaven.....I think it was calling my name... :hide: I've read the direction and will have to put up a few things.... :)

re-open the box.....just to touch it.....because my hands are wanting to get started on it. I can see it all coming together in my head....can't keep my hands off it
open the box again today....and the smell of the wood was heaven

Just remember to protect your hand with a piece of sandpaper as you pet the wood. There's nothing to compare with the smell and feel of a new kit!