Contest Minis

SuzyQ

I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to start working on any of the projects that they have won this month.

I haven't had a chance to start on The Haunted House yet because we are still working on our Garfield. I can't wait though.

Suzy,

It's here, it's here!

I just got my HH today! I was so excited when I saw the UPS truck, I nearly ran right over hubby and cat getting to the door!

Going from my track record, it takes me a month looking and thinking until the house tells me what it wants, then more time to gather supplies. I am a slow builder...I also collect pictures of other peoples' houses and projects as inspiration...

I was at the Dollar store yesterday, and found a little figurine that looks like Hansel and Gretel....maybe....

What about you? What are you planning?

My White Orchid only arrived Friday. DH wants to use an airbrush on the exterior, so I am really on his schedule until the exterior paint is done.

I bought some fabrics for curtains, quilt & furniture this weekend. I haven't decided what I will use where, but they were on sale very cheap, so I thought I would buy Christmas fabric while the selection is good. By mid November they are pretty much gone.

So really, not much going on here except dreams and schemes.

Jeri

Well, I was going to start on my 'White Orchid' but I'm taking a trip to visit my sister in Texas in two weeks, so will put it off until I get back. I need to work on my swap items!! :)

I won a Haunted house but will not build it until next year. There is a move imminent (sp?). We still don't know when so don't want to start anything new. Plus I am still doing little projects on/in my Garfield!!

I'm pretty sure that it will not be a haunted house, though! LOL I'm thinking either a shop of some sort or a little house for my niece or a friend's daughter.

Please post pictures of your projects in the wonderful Gallery that Dean has created for the contest winners:

Halloween Madness 2006

We would ALL love to see what you create with your wonderful Prizes so please take pictures!!

That is awesome Tracy! Thanks Dean!

I'm gonna really do something cool with the Fairfield, it's a beautiful house! I'm thinking about starting on it soon after it arrives. My first and only purchase for it so far is a rug! I can't decide on what type of furniture i like! I'm sure i'll go victorian!

I received my White orchid last friday also. I am not going to touch it until after Halloween. I have no clue what I am going to do with it. :wave:

I guess she will tell me when she is good and ready!

I won a Coventry Cottage last night on a Fast Lane!

I'm going to make it into a Quilt/Fabric shop or a Christmas Shop. I had all these ideas running around in my head last night after I crawled into bed. The bay windows make for an excellent window display area.

But I'm a slow builder too -- I like to look around and get ideas and it's true -- the house will tell you what it wants to be when it "grows up". :wave:

I won some tiles. I am thinking about building a tiled shower. I am going to see if the glass shop has any small pieces of scrap plexiglass. :(

Or you can always use a picture frame's plexiglass as well :wave:

Hugs

wooooohoooo...my white orchid came yesterday...and talk about perfect timing...I was soooooo pissed...I spent HOURS carving a pumpkin shading and all, and yesterday morning my hubby calls to tell me some crummy animal ate it during the night :wave::( so I was sickened about it ALL DAY...then I come home and there it is!! EXACTLY what I needed!!! I can't wait to get started on it!!! I had this idea of doing a fantasy house and I'm going to make some trees with greenmen! and i'm sticking with white...gonna make it a snow scene...just got lots of snow stuff and glue sticks that can make icecicles...so gonna give it a shot! Well off to work!

Please post pictures of your projects in the wonderful Gallery that Dean has created for the contest winners:

Halloween Madness 2006

We would ALL love to see what you create with your wonderful Prizes so please take pictures!!

Ok...I go to it and tried to click on the pic that is there and it tells me i'm not allowed! :( can I only see them small and not leave comments???

Yesterday as I was browsing around looking for Christmas Wallpaper printies, I stumbled onto small stuff digest and a whole bunch of great ideas for the holidays. They had ideas for icicles and snow and other cool ideas that some of you can use for your white orchid...Small stuff digest

You have to scroll down because all of the holiday stuff is lumped together.

Here is a link just for icicles.

The Victorianna that I won should be here tomorrow but I won't be starting it for quite a while yet. I'm still a newbie and I would hate to screw it up seeing as how it's kinda special. No replacement parts! I think I'll get a few "easier" projects under my belt first! :)

I've heard some different things about the White Orchid. Can any of you explain what it is made of? Thanks!

I received my White Orchid yesterday (tuesday), was so excited from waiting all day for the UPS Truck to arrive..it got here around 6pm. I opened box and read the insert about glue and replacements not being available. The box it came in was beat up to say the least and I dont know if that caused the warping of the part boards. So now i have to decide what can be done to get the part boards to lay flat., before attempting any building of this house

:)

My White Orchid only arrived Friday. DH wants to use an airbrush on the exterior, so I am really on his schedule until the exterior paint is done.

Jeri

Oh heck anyone can paint with an airbrush, and that's coming from someone who has 9 of them. Tell DH to move his butt, or you'll do it yourself, and I guarantee, you can do it yourself. And just for kicks tell him he needs to use a broad coverage tip or mini gun for the exterior. Cause he does. Personally I prefer a mini gun for broad coverage.

I stained the windows last night to the white orchid. I know I know. I said I wouldnt touch it until after Halloween..but I could hear her muffled screams from inside the coat closet. I just had tooooo.

could someone else please start a new album in the halloween madness 2006? Just take a pic of the box. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I get an error message as well when I click on the pic.

My box arrived kinda beat up as well, but everything inside is fine.

I had the same problem. Can anyone tell us what we are doing wrong please?

Sorry everyone, I had the Gallery configured wrong. It should be good to go now.

I would suggest that White Orchid owners experiment on some of the scrap pieces with paint and also paint and glue combos. Remember, there are no replacements parts available for these houses.