Our First Halloween House

Hi all. We have been working on a very large custom Victorian House in 1/12 scale for almost two years and joke around if we ever will complete it. Well for a change of pace we purchased the Greenleaf Haunted Doll House and really went to work on it. It is almost complete and will be put on display at one of our locally owned Miniatures Shops after we have enjoyed it ourselves... :doh:

house1.jpg

house1a.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

house4.jpg

house5.jpg

house6.jpg

house7.jpg

house8.jpg

house9.jpg

Ohmygosh this is so wonderful!!! It has cheered me up and spooked me appropiately! What a great job you did on this house! Awesome!!!!!!!

Definitley what she siad, love it!!!!! Great "in between" work!!!! :doh: thanks for sharing

Hugs

Look at the Crakle paint too!! You did a Fantasic job I am just looking at the details. You got talent!! I LOVE it and I am not one who likes haunted but I LOVE your talent. It shows all through out this house :blush: Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Did you make the furniture too?

oooooo I really like what you have acheived!

love the crackle!

gotta try doing on a wall

awesome idea!

but I noticed one room missing?? holding out on us? :D

whyyyyy? ;)

I love the red bedroom!

a wonderful Haunted house!

ty for sharing and

Welcome to our forum!

I hope you will share photos of your Victorian also!

nope not greedy at all! :blush:

nutti :D :woot:

Oooooooooooh..........that was so KEWL!!!! My "long-term" goal is to have a haunted house by next Halloween. Of course, that would mean I finish my Jefferson project FIRST. But your house has given me the kick in the pants I needed to keep moving forward! I too loved those broken windows!

Thanks for sharing!

Now THAT'S a haunted house! Please PM Wende a tutorial for the crackle finish!!! Did you make the cat & skellie? I like the roof tiles, did you use the polystyrene sheets or what? The broken windows are awesome, how did you "fog" them?

Thanks everybody for the kind words.. :thumb: :thumb: We have no problem with sharing some of our ideas or methods. First off getting into minatures is a combination of many other hobbies and working in the real world in the construction field.

-Most of the furniture was store bought and modified and painted. We did not buy the expensive stuff for that... :)

-The missing room was not finished at the time of taking the pictures, hopefully by the end of this week it will be finished.

-The broken windows are the ones that come with the kit and just "broken up" using a hobby knife and a pair of scissors. Then given a wash of Mop-N-Glow to give them more of a glass look, and then dusted using an airbrush with some tan paint.

-The crackle finish used is very simple. Base color either air-brushed or brushed on by hand, let to dry, then a crackle medium (In this case FolkArt Crackle Medium) is applied and let to dry throughly and then the top coat is applied either by brush or air-brush then sit back and watch it crackle... :taz:

-The roof tile (polystrene sheet) was purchased at a local show, then cut to fit, painted, weathered etc.

-The Cat is just a kids toyed painted with some "Bug" Eyes and the Skeleton breaking through the casket was purchased at a show.

Hopefully all the lighting will be finished by this weekend.... :D