Have I lost my mind???

TinyJudi

Ok, I need opinions on whether or not I am losing control. I was sitting here looking around my house, with those wheels in my mind just a spinning. I looked at my little blue bench that has a lift up seat and thought...Hmmmm, I wonder if I could do a mini inside of the small storage area. The bench is rarely moved, so that wouldn't be an issue. It has a lid for safety and to keep the cats out of it. There just seemed to be a million possibilities. It would have to be set up so that it would appear as if you were looking at it from a front view and not a down view, but that seems doable. Any thoughts, or have I finally slipped into my own universe?

Not at all! We all see mini in everything around us! Even when going to the store, I know I look around with the mini world on my mind! I think we all do that. If you can find alternate mini projects that is great! I'd love to find a cabinet and make up a mini scene! If it works, go for it!

I agree with Margarita....you find "miniatures" in the darndest places....grocery stores, hardware stores, anywhere you look....I myself have been eyeballing my entertainment center...It's an Ikea Magiker system and there are a whole lot of shelves...hmmm...If I get rid of all the junk I have in there now, I'd have tons of space for minis....oh my the possibilities!!!

I was in an antique store the other day. I found myself looking at items in the jewelry case not as jewelry but for dollhouse possibilities!

And I have a couple of prize pieces of furniture displayed on the fireplace mantle in my real house while they await a house of their own.

:doh:, we have a niche in the dinning room of the new house we are building and all I see is a built in room box for a miniature scene :D . If you can Visualize it, I say Do It!!!

:D

If you have slipped into some alter universe, please know you are not alone.....We are ALL in it with you :)

Earth to Judi: Call home!! :) Bad news: You've entered another dimension. Good news: We're here too!! :doh::D

Like the idea of a scene inside the bench, don't think I've ever seen that done.

The possibilities are endless, aren't they? I was once the recipient of a free 30's style china cabinet -- the kind with three shelves and a drawer, framed door and Queen Anne style legs. Not real big. It was badly in need of refinishing (which I did) and I was all set to turn it into an apartment house when DIL drooled over it and I reluctantly passed it on to her to use, for of all things, china display....I'm just too generous! :D

Sounds perfectly normal to me!!! Hey it is very inspiring to find "New" mini possibilities and I think you are onto something here so go ahead and try and find more neat mini solutions, like the breadbox, the tin leftover from the candy, a teapot, why not a watering can...

Oh :doh: , I think I better go and sit in the silent corner or I might never shut up LOL

Hugs

Can you take off the front panel of wood and replace it (the same thickness as the wood) with plexi glass??

Wen

This is a great idea! I used plexiglass as a window on the roombox. You can get it in various thickness (I used 1/4" just so it matched the channels) and it's very sturdy -- sure to keep out mischevious paws of the feline or human kind :doh:

I'm always looking at real houses, thinking they would make good dollhouses. I've learnt not to make the observation out loud, as it invariably draws chuckles from those who still know where their minds are. (Poor things.) :woot: I like the idea for a scene in a bench, and if you can replace the front panel, you could make the scene the "right way up" - if you wanted to. :teehee:

When I went to that little mini shop the other day she had made a really cool dollhouse out af a beautiful tall wooden cd cabinet that had a door on it. I wish I had taken a picture of it. Maybe next time.

Using the bench for a mini-scene sounds like fun. Please take photos when you start this project. When I was a kid, I used to dig out little mini rooms in snowbanks that lined our sidewalks. I'd pretend that "mitten people" used to live in them.

-Susanne

A friend of mine had a display table that was a shallow box on four legs that made it coffee table height, with a heavy glass top, that she had lined with velour and put objects her children had collected, and later in one of the mini magazines (can't remember which one) I saw a project to make one in mini.

Using the bench for a mini-scene sounds like fun. Please take photos when you start this project. When I was a kid, I used to dig out little mini rooms in snowbanks that lined our sidewalks. I'd pretend that "mitten people" used to live in them.

-Susanne

Ah, this sound slike a fun pretend play, like it, mitten people :ph34r:

Hugs

Earth to Judi: Call home!! :p Bad news: You've entered another dimension. Good news: We're here too!! :thumb: :)

Like the idea of a scene inside the bench, don't think I've ever seen that done.

The possibilities are endless, aren't they? I was once the recipient of a free 30's style china cabinet -- the kind with three shelves and a drawer, framed door and Queen Anne style legs. Not real big. It was badly in need of refinishing (which I did) and I was all set to turn it into an apartment house when DIL drooled over it and I reluctantly passed it on to her to use, for of all things, china display....I'm just too generous! ;)

OMG charlene dont tell me that. I want you to just guess what i have in my basement...it is down there because there isnt enough room in the diningroom for it anymore. Now I have that idea in my head...LOL

OMG charlene dont tell me that. I want you to just guess what i have in my basement...it is down there because there isnt enough room in the diningroom for it anymore. Now I have that idea in my head...LOL

:yikes: <Charlene sneaking around the house looking for other ways to tempt Heidi into furniture re-dos...aha, there's a medicine cabinet in the bathroom, I wonder do I really need to store toothpaste?....>