Oh My !!!

dollshousegirl

Wow, what a beauty!! :blush: I wonder if they could extend the payments over a lifetime? Like a 'real' mortgage! ;)

Oh, I could get my sister into dollhouses with that second house!!

haha when i say the under topic say "DH on ebay" for a second i was like, what Darling husband on ebay?? They have everything on there! ROFL. that is a great house on there though. hahah

Wow! It's incredible! I'm with Tracy, where's the rest of the pictures!!!???

I saw a Tennyson yesterday on ebay for 600 dollars :blush: I forgot to post the link. NO WAY in heck is it worth it....i'll try to find it later.

Wow cool houses!

I gotta say I like the first one best but it's wayyyyyy to rich for my blood. The second one is so modern looking.. then again it has crossed my mind that a modern.. well 70's style house would be kinda cool to do someday. Very cool stuff out there!

-David :blush:

I swear this house was starting at 600 dollars yesterday. Either they changed the price or i'm just crazy. Either way, I don't see anything spectacular about this house for that price. I wouldn't pay that price for ANY Tennyson personally. It's a shame they have such poor quality pictures if they are trying to get that price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Crafted-Collectab...1QQcmdZViewItem

I was tempted to email and ask if I could go over to just look at it in person, of course, with no intention of buying it. I figured that probably wasn't a good idea! La Habra is just a few minutes away from me.

Definitley an "oh my!" moment here!!!! :drool:

I went browsing a little, just a tiny bit promise and saw this Greenleaf Taft General Store Complete Unbuilt Kit Item number: 260039616006 wasn't it someone who were on the definite lookout for that house in particular?

Hugs

Beautiful house. Lots of class to it with a lot of time involved. You never know there may be some person willing to pay that. I sold the first Pierce dollhouse I did way back in the mid 80's for $1,000, with nothing in it except wallpaper and carpet and a wallpaper stucco exterior, to a lady who just had to much money and didn't know what to do with it. :drool:

Aaaahhhh to be like that

Marlene, the Pierce is an intensive kit. Actually, I bet if you divided the time you spent on the house to make it look great I bet you'd find you charge a low hourly wage :drool:

Do ya have a picture of the house? We'd LOVE to see it :thumb:

Oh I know it's a big kit to make as I'm building my second Pierce right now. But seriously, the kit I sold in the 80's was the first kit and dollhouse I made and it was rough, real rough compared to what I do now. Heck, we even used hot glue to put it together then. Let alone the god awful stucco wallpaper. :drool:

As for the time...there is not too many hobbies a person does that actually pays for the time. The pay is the satisfaction and enjoyment in the process.

As it was so long ago, don't know where those pics have got to...moved to 3 provinces since then.

The one I'm making now is being "re-structured" as we make it. This one I'm sure will be worth every penny...but it ain't goin' nowhere this time. :thumb:

:thumb: I don't blame you, I'd keep it too!! You know, I look at my first work and cringe when I think about the fact that people actually bought my stuff:P Wish I still had pictures! I used a Porlaroid camera back then too :drool: I have no pictures that I can find now!

That house is sure pretty. Great detail. Can you imagine the room you'd have to have to keep it in that it wouldn't overwhelm everything? I can't see the price though. I'd build my own before I'd pay that. I've seen kits for $800 for houses that big. Someone is looking to recoup their time.

I really liked this Victorial dollhouse that was shown at the beginning of this thread.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dollhouse-Victorian-Ha...1QQcmdZViewItem

I've sent an e-mail to the seller asking if she'd send some more pictures so I could share them on this site.

-Susanne

I also sent an email this morning asking to see more photos. Will let you know if I get a response. It is a beauty though.

Valerie