Sometimes you just get lucky

SusannaT

IMG_7916-1.jpg

Isn't that set cute?

I decided to visit a hobby store I hadn't dropped by in a long while while downtown yesterday. Lo and behold, they had a fabulous miniature aisle. :p

I picked up a few little things, but this set just jumped out.

It is perfect for my girls.

That is just the dry fit in the photo. I'll be doing some glueing during my 5 year old's naptime today. Loved these pieces, they are lovely birch, popped out so easy and perfectly. Now naturally there were no directions past the "please check the picture for approximate placing" :thumb: but hey, it was a piece of cake.

Now the question of course is, what color should they be?

Susanna you did strike gold! Love these!!!! Hmmm, as for colours, perhaps a cheerful "clown" theme ie bright and cheerful with prime colours? Or depending on where you will use them perhaps soft pastels?

Hugs

Those are cute. I think any colors would work. The "big toy" at my kids' school is yellow and blue. The playground equipment at the local parks around here vary in color. One park the big toy is purple and teal, another is red, yellow and orange. Most of the play grounds around here have gone from the metal equipment to molded pvc(?). Not quite sure what it is made out of.

Ohhh another idea, one can go with a theme, ie perhaps say dinosaurs and paint them to resemble that, or doggie/kitty theme, perhaps add some little ears and tails feature, or if one has a certain cartoon/character one likes perhaps either paint accodring to that or decoupage pics on???

Having major mini find envy but that will go over...

Hugs

I remember a red seesaw when i was little. Hmmmm it would be hard. I haven't seen pastel colors for stuff like this tho. I wonder if you can google and look up playground equipment for color ideas!

I just did a google image search, seems like primary colors are the most popular. Looks like there are alot of examples! Have fun!

playgroundcopy.jpg

Sorry about the bigger pic, but I wanted you to be able to see the detail.

The only company name on this is Educational (made in Taiwan), no web address.

But as you can see, they have other stuff too: master bedroom, living room, dining room, study, nursery, kitchen and bathroom.

I need to back to the store to check them all out.

The price of 7.50 euros translates to 9.40 US dollars.

And I might just go with pastels...fun pastels with a bit of strong color. :blush:

I love that set!! I made a play yard for a lady using those. I don't have pictures of it though. I used silver metalic paint and green paint on hers. I can't wait to see your setting when it's done too!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

ooooooooo I LOVE woodcraft assembly furniture!

it pops out and goes together lickity split and looks so good!

I havent done the play furniture set but I did have one of all the other sets...they were given to me by my aunt who bought them years ago.....I stuck my nose up in the air about them..needed some cheep furniture for my neices house and dug them out and fell in love with them.

Id like to get more of them someday if I knew where.

good find for you! I would do any of the preceeding ideas! lots of good ones but only you know where they will be going...I hope you will share photos of the end results with its new home.

Happy Building

nutti :wave: :woot: