Taking a short break

darrellandmelissa

I just finished and put pics in the team builders blog of my Orchid. I will be taking a short break from minis this month, other then completing the Oct. swap. I have some baby items I need to sew up before my daughters baby shower. She is going in on the 18th for an aditional ultrasound specifically to hopefulkly find out what sex it is. If the baby olny wants to show the bottom of it's tiny feet again then it will just be a suprise. I plasn on sewing up a few items of baby clothing, some burp cloths amd other small items to go into a basket. If she finds out the sex of the bay then I will make a crib set as well. If not the crib set will wait untill the child is born. Now don't I sould like an excited grandma rofl. after telling ALL my kids not to bring any babys around me, now i am waiting with anticipation. My does reality have a way with changing our opinions.

Melissa

Melissa -

What a lucky grandchild to have you for a grandmother. Will you show photos of the clothing and other baby things that you sew. I'd love to see them. A little mini person ... how exciting for you.

-Susanne

Trinity is laying on the desk beside the computer keyboard, and she's quite fascinated with the Halloween cat that I've included with my post. The flashing eyes have caught her attention. Trinity is black BTW.

-Susanne

Im excited for you!

I love being a granny!

of course I would rather be called nuttie but they wont hear of it :down:

so I get to be nannie...we are at the fun stage where its lots of huggs and kisses and learning new things everyday. Have fun with the best possible mini! a mini you :woot:

see ya when ya come to play with us again!

nutti ;)

Oh, Melissa, how exciting! DS#1 & his wife have tried again, but after last time I'll defer making comment on their success or lack of it. I have been optomistically knitting & crocheting for her, "just in case". Do let us know if Whozis decides to to bare all, so to speak, and lets everyone know which it'll be.

Congrats on becoming a Grandma. I just love my little grandsons. They are the BEST :D They call me GRAMS. Well the 3 year old does, his brother is 18 months and is still jibber jabbering. Here is a picture of my two little cuties.. :lol:

post-663-1160483002_thumb.jpg

Melissa, as always, your latest house is simply gorgeous. I love all the detailing you did and the color scheme is so crisp and cool and elegant. It's just beautiful!

Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby! That's just terrific news and I'm delighted for you!

Deb

That house is sooo elegant! You always do such amazing work. I hope you enjoy your mini break, and I wish good luck for the sonogram. Hopefully, he or she won't be so shy this time. And, congratulations on your impending grandparenthood! :welcome:

Congratulations Melissa and Holly on your upcoming grandparenthood. These type minis are the best. (Plus if you get tired of them you can send them home :lol: )

Wooooooohoooooooooooooooo Holly!!!! <popping the cork on a bottle of champagne and tossing confetti> That's terrific news and I'm just delighted for you! Tell your DIL to take it easy and get lots of rest, exercise and above all, not to worry. Oh wait. She's got you so she's in the best possible hands. Yay!

Deb

I took the Orchid to the TV station today. They all ohhed and ahhed over it. I will call them the end of this month and see what night of the 4 nights it will be auctioned off and when it will be listed on the stations website. I have made a doxen shapped baby burp cloths so far and will post pics when I download them.

Melissa

Yay Melissa! I'm sure they were just thrilled at the sight of that house. It will be a real showpiece for the auction. I can't wait to hear the details of how it goes.

Deb