Taking a short break

darrellandmelissa

Update on the grandchild. The ultrasound was quick and 100% certain of the sex of the child.

it's a GIRL

I am so thrilled a little girl to play with and spoil. Now I need to find a playscale house kit. Does Greenleaf make one? If not who does? I figgure it might be ready by the time she turns 7 lol.

Melissa

I had forgot to add the babys name. They had chosen 2 names in the begining,one given name for each sex. There is a tradition in their family that based on the sex of the first born that child would recieve either the paternal grandfathrs first names as his middle name , and a girl would recieve her maternal grandmothers first name ad her middle name.

This child will be named Emily Melissa W*****.

In going through my grandmothers thing she had a few things that hed belonged to my Mother, I found going through some of the items I brought home the baby blanket and bonnet I was brought home form the hospital in. I will be loaning these to my daughter toi bring her daughter home form the hospital in. I will need to add new ribbon to the bottom of the bonnet as the ties have deteriorated but the rest is in perfect condition. It will then be dry cleaned and stored as an herloim untill that baby brings her own daughter home from the hospital.

Melissa

:D

I need to find a playscale house kit. Does Greenleaf make one? If not who does? I figgure it might be ready by the time she turns 7

They used to. You might Google for playscale dh plans (and share the links, since our DS#1's ultrasound shows they're also having a girl! :banana:

Hmmm, I have seen playscale hosues built/made from a regualr bookshelf that one has transformed into a house. That way one can get a huge playing area and have fun decorating the exterior as one see fit.

Just an idea :banana:

Hugs

Melissa -

How wonderful that your grandchild will be a little girl. Emily Melissa isa lovely name. Just think of the fun you'll have teaching her how to make miniatures. You'll so love making Emily's first dollhouse for her.

What great news ... thank you for sharing it.

-Susanne

Congratulations Melissa :) , your little granddaughter is very lucky to have you as a grandmother. And Emily Melissa is a beautiful name :) .

In going through my grandmothers thing she had a few things that hed belonged to my Mother, I found going through some of the items I brought home the baby blanket and bonnet I was brought home form the hospital in. I will be loaning these to my daughter toi bring her daughter home form the hospital in. I will need to add new ribbon to the bottom of the bonnet as the ties have deteriorated but the rest is in perfect condition. It will then be dry cleaned and stored as an herloim untill that baby brings her own daughter home from the hospital.

That is the best way to make a special moment even more so :) . I'm sure your daughter will love this also.