Guess what my dear bf brought home?

minijunkie

He bought me a Tennyson dollhouse still in box, never opened. The kind from Artply, so I guess it is older?

Don't know when I will ever do it though! As it stands I have about five dollhouses still in their boxes in my attic!

:)

One can never get too many houses around, especially ones that are gifts from a significant other!!! He is a keeper for sure, yup indeed!!!!

Hugs and congratulations!

Wow! Congratulations! This is a neat house...i love the bay windows. What a nice present for your sweetie to bring home to you!

I have one as well, it's going to be a naughty witches house. I'm currently working on it, just wallpapered last saturday and cut the individual wood flooring (greenleaf siding). I stained the flooring today and next sunday on my day off i'll get it installed! Then i'll take a few piccies!

The shell itself was easy to build. I don't have the schematics so all the trim work will be a challenge, but i don't think i'll install the porch railing that comes with the kit, i tried to piece it together the best i could but i don't like the way it looks, so i think i've found something different.

have fun building this cool house!

He bought me a Tennyson dollhouse still in box, never opened. The kind from Artply, so I guess it is older?

Don't know when I will ever do it though! As it stands I have about five dollhouses still in their boxes in my attic!

:)

Now you and your bf will have some fun building all of these dollhouses. It sounds like he'd like to help you build.

-Susanne

I also built a Tennyson and it was one of my most favorite dollhouses. The rooms were just right, the placement was great. I did replace the kit french doors and the front door with Houseworks doors and I put in regular, purchased porch spindles and posts instead of what comes in the kit. I just loved it. I was thinking of making the first floor a dress/hat/shoe shop of the era that had long dresses, bustles, silk, feathers. And upstairs was going to be shop owners modest dwelling. I painted it seafoam green with oyster white trim. It was just kind of elegant and I loved it. I ended up selling it, I think. As I peruse ebay, I always look at the prices for the Tennyson, thinking I'd like to build it again. Have fun with yours!

haha thats when you know its true love, when he buys you a dollhouse to support you craze! My boyfriend bought me my garfield for xmas last year and i was in heaven! congrats on the tennyson thats a great house!

I also built a Tennyson and it was one of my most favorite dollhouses. The rooms were just right, the placement was great. I did replace the kit french doors and the front door with Houseworks doors and I put in regular, purchased porch spindles and posts instead of what comes in the kit. I just loved it. I was thinking of making the first floor a dress/hat/shoe shop of the era that had long dresses, bustles, silk, feathers. And upstairs was going to be shop owners modest dwelling. I painted it seafoam green with oyster white trim. It was just kind of elegant and I loved it. I ended up selling it, I think. As I peruse ebay, I always look at the prices for the Tennyson, thinking I'd like to build it again. Have fun with yours!

Wowsers! Sounds GREAT! Got pictures?

You know only really kewel guys get their girlfriend's dollhouses as presents :cool: .

Sounds like a keeper.

Oh dear. Best not let Jimmy read that one. His head is big enough already.

Yes! He's a Keeper

I love when mine finds me Little things.

I think its great when they get involved, it show me he really cares what I do.

its fun when he tells me how to make something :hide:

Then he makes something himself.

Yes, I have a couple of supervisors over here...they are always watching me. When I am not looking, the little one steals my minis or whatever I am working on. A couple of weeks ago, I made Halloween windsocks, thought I hid them well only to wake up and find them on the floor. So I had to put them away better and I made her one of her own. Of course it is all flat now and ugly, but she still plays with it. :wave: