Hello From A NEW Member

Hello; I just joined this website; today. I use to assemble a lot of dollhouse kits in my early 20s and give them away at Christmas to little girls. I am doing this hobby again; 20 something years later; have noticed that my abilities are better probably due to life experiences and age. Coming back into this hobby; I started out with some cheap quarter scale dollhouse kits and made furniture and accessories out of polymer clay and various things around the house. The little girl next door fell in love with my work; her mother asked me to assemble a 1"scale kit for her. My first attempt was "The Orchid Kit"; it came out rough because I didn't have the supplies/materials that I needed. Then my second attempt was three "The Orchid Kits" combined to create my own version of a Townhouse; for I couldn't afford one of those types of kits. Here is a website link to what I have done: www.michellesdollhouses.webs.com/

• Like 1

Michelle,I love the Orchid,and want one badly,but never have I seen it done so creatively! Bravo! Also,what a great job on your website! Thanx for joining in the fun here and for sharing your talents and experiences with us! Kat

• Like 1

Welcome Michelle!

I have seen the Orchid like this before and it was either yours or someone copied you. Small world. You did an awesome job combining the three so they look like they are truly meant to be a townhouse.

It will be fun to watch what else you do. This is a great forum and you will certainly receive alot of support and encouragement here as well as assistance when you need it. Or just when we all want to put our two cents worth in :)

Enjoy!

Morgan

• Like 1

Michelle,I love the Orchid,and want one badly,but never have I seen it done so creatively! Bravo! Also,what a great job on your website! Thanx for joining in the fun here and for sharing your talents and experiences with us! Kat

Thank you; Kat! I am enjoying looking around this site. I wish that I would have found it sooner.

Michelle

• Like 1

Welcome Michelle!

I have seen the Orchid like this before and it was either yours or someone copied you. Small world. You did an awesome job combining the three so they look like they are truly meant to be a townhouse.

It will be fun to watch what else you do. This is a great forum and you will certainly receive alot of support and encouragement here as well as assistance when you need it. Or just when we all want to put our two cents worth in :)

Enjoy!

Morgan

Thank you; Morgan! I would love to see what you saw, if you can find it. When I was looking on YouTube; I later found a fancier version of what I did, but I am not that advanced. I believe the dollhouse artist is Tracy Topps? I think that is who it is that does the fancy stuff. I love her works! The one that I saw was three stories; and she made a tower in it (Bashed?) and had stone steps that wound around the castle. She made this Orchid into a three story stone like castle; and it had a water garden thing. It was like a dream!

Michelle

Your Orchid is just so creative and clever, thank you so much for sharing it with us. Im going to keep that method in mind. Welcome to the group! :wave:

I tried to add you as a friend; and I get a message that you are on my friends list but I can't see your icon on my list of friends. I should have six total of friends and only see five. I wonder what is up with that?

Michelle

I believe the dollhouse artist is Tracy Topps? I think that is who it is that does the fancy stuff. I love her works!

Welcome to the GL family. We are notorious enablers and certainly love pictures - we call it eye candy.

Tracy Topps is one of the moderators here on GL known as Minis on the Edge. She assists with keeping things in order here on the forum, answers questions, gives advice, inspires us, and has many other duties I'm sure. There are other moderators here as well and they all are super.

• Like 1

Welcome to the GL family. We are notorious enablers and certainly love pictures - we call it eye candy.

Tracy Topps is one of the moderators here on GL known as Minis on the Edge. She assists with keeping things in order here on the forum, answers questions, gives advice, inspires us, and has many other duties I'm sure. There are other moderators here as well and they all are super.

Yes!!!! That is her! I so love her work! I discovered her on the Internet a few years ago and I love what she does! Michelle

Welcome Michelle! :wave: Loved seeing your Orchid - such a clever bash!

This is such a great forum- just love it! Looking forward to sharing with you!

Hi Jackie! I love this place; I was reading about swaps and something... can't remember. LOL Sounds exciting. I had saw on Youtube where people were swapping miniatures; getting neat packages in the mail from online crafting friends. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Michelle