Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

Been working along on the outside of my fling, pretty happy with it so far but drawing a plank on the inside nothing done except floors. No idea what to do with it.

Hasn't it told you what it wants to be?

Been working along on the outside of my fling, pretty happy with it so far but drawing a plank on the inside nothing done except floors. No idea what to do with it.

A house that refuses to talk. I'm so glad that doesn't happen very often. I have to say, I admire you Lindsey for forging ahead when you don't know what's next. A little blind faith is good for the soul sometimes.

It is being stubborn I guess. But needs to speak up soon,

Dear spring fling I need to know what u want to be. Please leave me a hint if u see is.

Maybe that will help, hope it an read.

Here is what I started with back when the kit was first released. I typed in Google images - one room house - I got a huge variety of styles, ages, potential uses, and finishes. Then I refined it by adding the word - modern one room house - and then I did - old one room house, etc. etc. I copied and pasted a word doc of samples of houses that interested me in some way and eventually got a theme going. I went back and have continued to do that same simple image search for floors, kitchens, bathrooms, etc.

Hope that might help you get some theme ideas.

Once the kit finds you listening there's no shutting it up, Anna!

Yup, that is soooo true!!! 3 shades of blue chosen along with four shades of ecru to darker beiges....

Stained the rest of the flooring now... Will have to sand a little, varish a little and add a few trim pieces and then paint a little and....

Hugs

....stitching.... and don't you think this lil' butterfly house of mine is chattng up a storm for some weaving as well?!? i mean come on allready.... Sheesh!!! :wub: thank goodness it is prolonged mini-ing time for this build!!!

Hugs

Convenient for your job to let you have some time off in the summer to build, huh?

Absolutley perfect ;) and now when goong back to work again it is so perfect to come home to some stitching and/or other tasks, hoping to do some paper clay ts weekend, all depending n the weather though...

Hgs

Poor little Fling. Waiting in the wings.

I am just about finished moving my office (it feels like I've moved everything I own!) and soon little Fling I will have some time to pay attention to you. I heard you give up in exasperation the other day when the dry fit tape let go and you collapsed. I know you are disappointed that I didn't rush to re-fit you, and you think I didn't notice you sighs, but I did and I promise to shower you with loving attention very soon.

Just be patient a little bit longer.

Worked all day on floors and then realized I haven't even begun the roof. Since I'm changing the pitch, I've got to build some trusses and beams to support the new roof shape. Plus there is another big surprise for the roof that I can't tell yet but it is driving me bonkers to try to figure out how to pull off and have it still look classy when finished. Getting some sneak peeks ready to post in the next couple days.

Feels like I am all over the place right now, but that is also needed with plotting, planning and trying to look one step ahead to get all those bits and pieces (yep lot and lots of cuts ) fitting together in the end, the warm weather has also steared me away from the cruical paper claying but it just might get a tad cooler in a day or so who knows ;)

Hugs

i have nearly finished Part 1 of of the fling only ______ more parts to go.

It funny, I think yep thats all done and can go together and then oh no I got that bit to do first and maybe that would be easier to do with out the roof on.

so the work continues. here is some encouragement for everyone. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

"yeah yeah you can do it"

I don't know what YOU have cooked up, but I remember Deb putting skylights in her Magnolia bachelor pad.

...Plus there is another big surprise for the roof that I can't tell yet but it is driving me bonkers to try to figure out how to pull off and have it still look classy when finished...

Mine is finished except for taking pictures.

:ohmy: Oh no .... :yikes:

:fear: Yikes ....

:sweat: I'll never catch up ....

:thumbup: Congratulations ....

Thank you, I'm very happy with the results. No need to panic folks, the SF told me what it wanted to be as I saw the house on the forum. I started building accessories for it before it ever left the factory. After it arrived, it cooperated and things moved almost at the speed of sound.

• Like 1