Need Your Opinions

CheckMouse

I've finally!!! finished my micro-Garfield and am putting the finishing touches on it. I've been buying the N-gauge train people for my 1:144 houses, and just had to have this adorable little car with people in it! But now that I get it next to the huge (I use the term loosely) Garfield it seems too small. The N-gauge actually comes out to 1:160 scale so it is slightly smaller but the people have been matching just fine.

Please let me know what you think - keep the car in the scene, or scrap it???

post-4286-0-68393200-1323722271_thumb.jp

It does look a bit small but not objectionably so. Maybe if there were some bushes between the house and auto to act as a transition, the difference wouldn't be so apparent.

I agree with everyone, that the scale of the car isn't enough "off"; next to a RL house proportioned like the Garfield a Corvette would look miniscule. Once you get some shrubbery around the foundation the car will look fine.

Thanks everybody! I really don't have time to order a larger car anyway (this might have something to do with the HBS contest, due on Friday :ph34r: ) so I'll go with some more greenery, which I was in the middle of doing anyway when I stopped to take the picture.

Thank you all for your encouragement - the car stays! :yes: I've added more landscaping; this macro lens shows up EVERY little mishap - I see I need to touch up my "hillside" with some green paint.

post-4286-0-93050100-1323901166_thumb.jp

At the Dollar Tree I found a bag of 5 assorted-sized mossy rocks which are wonderful for landscaping in miniature. I wanted a smaller one for the Garfield so I cut into one - it's only styrofoam! Made a great "hill". Anybody notice the dollhouse in the attic??

post-4286-0-76365600-1323901169_thumb.jp

I'm going to move the lady on the porch up to a balcony. She's the only standing person I have left, except a mailman. I can put another seated person on the steps.

I'll post more of these in my Gallery at a later date - no time now.

PS: the label (Garfield) is there because this is part of a greater project.

I'd keep it. looks good on set

I've finally!!! finished my micro-Garfield and am putting the finishing touches on it. I've been buying the N-gauge train people for my 1:144 houses, and just had to have this adorable little car with people in it! But now that I get it next to the huge (I use the term loosely) Garfield it seems too small. The N-gauge actually comes out to 1:160 scale so it is slightly smaller but the people have been matching just fine.

Please let me know what you think - keep the car in the scene, or scrap it???

post-4286-0-68393200-1323722271_thumb.jp

I'm personally far more impressed with the appearance of landscapiing around a house than its having lights. I'm ready to shrink myself 'way down and come sit on the steps with your other person for a class of iced tea (assuming it's summer at your wee Garfield).

I'm personally far more impressed with the appearance of landscapiing around a house than its having lights. I'm ready to shrink myself 'way down and come sit on the steps with your other person for a class of iced tea (assuming it's summer at your wee Garfield).

Holly, you must be clairvoyant! How did you know the tea was almost ready? Just waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven - and plenty of room for you to join us :yes: