Phone Booth puzzle at Michael's!

Sherry

I went by Michael's today just to check on the playhouse size kits someone mentioned here. I found those, but also found a kit for the cutest English telephone booth! It even has a little phone to go in it, although I won't use that. The good thing is that it is pretty much 1/12 scale! I got two, and will finish one pretty much according to the kit, and see if I can make an American style booth for my hotel lobby. Only $2, worth buying just to play around with!

I made Judith (irismarch) a Tom Baker "dr Who" dolls once, my first commission.

:) sounds fab Holly! And a phone booth soiunds really interesting, any pics to share??? :blink:

Hugs

I went by Michael's today just to check on the playhouse size kits someone mentioned here. I found those, but also found a kit for the cutest English telephone booth! It even has a little phone to go in it, although I won't use that. The good thing is that it is pretty much 1/12 scale! I got two, and will finish one pretty much according to the kit, and see if I can make an American style booth for my hotel lobby. Only $2, worth buying just to play around with!

Sherry,what were the playhouse sized kits you mentioned...they sound interesting? :)

Ours doesn't have the hutches anymore. I will have to be careful with the ones I have left. The playhouses are probably about 4-5 inches tall, the right size for a child's playhouse in 1/12 scale. Nothing fancy, but you could sure make them that way. I am going to do one for my grandaughter's little girl who now lives in Victoria's farmhouse! No pictures yet, sorry. I haven't even taken them out of the Michael's bag yet.

I stocked up on hutches the last two rumors they were being discontinued, and I haven't seen them the last few times I've been to our Michael's. I still haven't seen any of the puzzles there.

I put one of the phone booths together, and the interior is about 5 1/2 inches high, so that might be on the small side for 1/12. Overall height is7.5 inches, since it's an English booth and has the little 'birdhouse' on the top. Cute as can be, though! Makes me want to move my hotel to England, just so I can use it! There is a trick to putting it together, if you get one.

When you get to the roof on the birdhouse, the very top of the phone booth...that piece looks like 3 separate pieces that did not get cut all the way through. Don't cut it! Score lightly along the lines between each of the 3 sections, then gently bend, and it will fold there, giving you a roof that is all in one piece. (no leaks!) Naturally , their non-existent instructions don't tell you that, and I started to cut them apart myself before it dawned on me they should just be scored. Anyway, a really cute kit for only $2!

I love going to Michaels but James doesn't let me go often because of my poor restraint when shopping. :clap: I wonder if I can find some of these at our local store though...

Those little house puzzles are not quarter scale, not really any scale. But they are the ideal size for playhouses for the kids in a 1/12 size house. Make a little kitchen and table in kid size, paint it up cute, and it will look adorable in the yard!

Ohhh so that's what you were talking about for the playhouses! I just kinda glanced at the house and the measurements, and saw that one of the measurements was about 6 inches, which is what my quarter scale house is, so just assumed it was. Maybe I was looking at a wrong dimension. It still was really cute though!