Dollar Tree Treasure

CheckMouse

I stopped in at the Dollar Tree to buy ONE item -- just ONE pair of scissors to carry in my work tote. If I only spend $1 on them I don't care if they get lost or stolen. So did I get out of there after spending only $1 plus tax????? :)

The Halloween stuff is out already, and I found the garland of skeletons that someone else had mentioned earlier. (Whoever did the Spring Fling Funeral Parlor) So you have to buy these things when they are available, right? Five skeletons come on the strand. I took it over to the school supply section and measured the skeletons with a ruler, which was faster than digging mine out of my purse. They are almost 6' adult skeletons -- so I bought 2 strands. That's 10 skeletons at 20 cents each :D

Then, in the picture frame aisle, I found magnet frames in the shape of a TV -- just right for a dollhouse. The frames are 1.5" high and one is 2" wide, the other is 2.5" wide. Of course, I bought more than one! In fact, I think I should go back and get more --some homes have a TV in every room! The TVs cost more than the skeletons, being a whole dollar each! But I'm happy. :lol:

So now $Tree is carrying the skeleton garlands? I went beserk and stocked up from all the Big Lots last year.

lol. I have this image of a wild woman running down aisles with armfuls of skeletons :lol: .

The Dollar Tree has great scissors. I've been cutting my own hair for years and my good hair scissors finally gave out. I paid almost ten dollars for a new one and wasn't happy with it. When I misplaced it I got one at Dollar Tree that is really good. I went and got a couple more in case I lose it. For a dollar it's worth trying all their stuff. They have alkaline batteries in a four pack for $1.00. Can't beat that either. :lol:

I love Dollar Tree too! They have lots of them around here (okay, they are all 40 minutes away, but in nearly every direction I go!!) I never get out of there without spending at least $10! The last couple finds are wooden puzzle "model T" car (thinking this could be bashed a bit to look more 1" scale, packs of doves (60 count) from the wedding section--(a little black paint and any scene could become Hitchcock's "The Birds" in a minute!), and some really cute trims including mini 'ball fringe' trim (also in wedding section). I also got a paper punch from the scrapbook section--they have ones for small leaves and a sun that could be used for flowers.

You're right on the skellies--you gotta grab them when they got them, because some things go quickly, seeming never to return...until next year, if you are lucky! I'll have to keep an eye out for the tvs!

Tappy

Our Dollar Tree is just like Rite Aid, I found out today. I walked up and down every aisle but didn't find anything worth buying. I liked some of their glassware, but I don't need any so I didn't buy. No Halloween anything, no magnets of any kind. A few fall decorations and lots of school supplies.

So I walked next door to the Super Walmart and bought a new quilt, and a decorative pillow, for my real bedroom.

So I walked next door to the Super Walmart and bought a new quilt, and a decorative pillow, for my real bedroom.

Nothing like retail therapy to soothe the soul! ...Sorry your $Tree was a bust!

Tappy