Asking for Prayers/Healing Thoughts -

woodland_miniatures

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just said "NUTS!" about Heidi's Fred on another thread here, and have to say "NUTS!" for myself now. Am off to the doctor for another check on my foot, and I'm betting that he'll want to put me back on antibiotics, coz it's just not looking good and has started hurting more again. It's still another week before my wound care clinic appointment - SIGH! - and I just want it to not get any worse in between now and then.

Phooey, and I just got my insides more or less back to normal after the last bout of antibiotics!!

You poor thing! What a nightmare!

Actually, I feel overwhelmed with all the bad news that seems to be hitting everyone on the board :) .

I've got a dumb question though... have you tried taking aspirin to help increase your circulation to your extremities? I'm no doctor, but that is what I did at the advice of a nurse and it made a big difference.

Okay, back from doctor and not sqying "NUTS!!" anymore. Was in a really low frame of mind because the darn thing HURT and it has been going on for more than three months now, and it is still a huge open wound....however -

It IS healing, the doctor pointed out a nice narrow little rim of brand-new skin that wasn't there two weeks ago. And it is NOT infected - it hurts because there is new tissue growing and there is good circulation and better nerve function than there was before all this started. WHEW!! I'll just bet it's the comfrey ointment that got the thing started actually healing again, instead of just sitting there lookin' ugly.

I do still have to go to the wound care clinic and my doctor did say I was going to be getting very chummy with them for a while to come, but that's fine with me considering the alternative. He flat-out told me today that if my circulation wasn't as good as it is, we'd be having discussions about amputation right about now. Isn't that a lovely thought? I knew that was the bottom line here, but it just gave me chills to hear the doctor actually SAY it.

Oh, Kat, taking aspirin to "thin your blood" is actually a good idea - thing is, because of my history of three (mild) heart attacks, I am already taking daily aspirin rountinely. Taking more wouldn't really make any difference, as I understand - though I will take it for pain once in a while.

You're right, though, there does really seem to be a lotta folks here having really bad things happening to them just now. Hope everyone starts having GOOD thing happen soon!

Mary, Kathie beat me to it, when you're taking antibiotics they kill off ALL the bugs in your body, including the good little ones who live in your intestines, so whenever you take antibiotics, eat yogurt with every meal to keep things working like they should.

Yes, ma'am! I have been, too, my own home-cultured yogurt which tastes SO much better than the store-bought, and is really easy to do, too. Have gotten into the habit of having a shake almost every evening, made with frozen fruit, yogurt, Splenda and a little vanilla - YUM!!

And NOT sitting in it, either :lol:

I really was hoping I wouldn't ever, ever have anything else to post in this thread, but - no such luck. My foot IS healing and nicely, too, but there's still a pretty big hole there wide open to anything that cares to move in. Some nasty did over the weekend, but since there was no swelling or redness I just thought I had the flu.

Until last night when I went to bed and saw all this red on my leg, and I could see is spreading right in front of my eyes - SCARY! This is when you find out who your real friends are - I called a neighbor way after midnight and we went to the ER of the nearest hospital (45 minutes away), and bless her, she stayed right with me the whole time.

They pumped me full of IV antibiotics, almost admitted me - by the time I got to the ER my entire leg from ankle to knee was bright red and hot, hot - but they finally sent me home with even huger doses of oral antibiotics, and orders to see my doctor tomorrow. I have an appointment with him in the morning, and there's at least some chance he may send me back to the hospital. We'll have to see....

What was so terrifying was how hideous FAST this thing moved - yesterday afternoon there was no sign of a problem, just some icky flu symptoms for a couple of days before, and then OMG!!! According to my blood work, I had a massive infection.....Am I ever glad I didn't wait until this morning and call my doctor, but just got myself to the emergency room as fast as someone else's wheels would get me there.

Prayers/healing thoughts would be deeply appreciated.

Oh my, that was scarey just to read about! Eeeek! Sending lots and lots of positive, healing thoughts your way!

HUGS and take care of yourself!!!!

Good heavens, scary doesn't begin to cover it! Wouldn't be surprised if your doctor doesn't check you into a clean room and make you stay there until you're healed. The thought of any old bug setting up camp is really grim.

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers and burning a few candles, too!

You'll be in my prayers too, hon. Oh..have you tried using honey to coat the wound? The ancient Romans used it. Honey has antibacterial properties, and many hospitals are returning to using it as a topical application. Bacteria simply does not grow in a honey environment. You can dress the wound with it, and cover it over with gauze.

Merri

Merri, I did indeed think about dressing the wound with honey, but a native American herbalist friend gave me some comfrey ointment to try, and that actually started the healing again after it had stalled out for about a week. But honey is still a possibility in my book.

Kathie, hadn't thought of a clean room, but I can see why it might be a good thing for something like this - sometimes you do come home from the hospital with more than just a bill LOL!

All of you, thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts. It means a lot to me, it really does.

Okay, did laundry so I have clean clothes for the hospital (if needed), got someone I trust to look after my dear cat, did some cosmetic cleaning in bathroom and kitchen (gotta keep up appearances, y'know) - just really wish I could take my computer - it's a big clunky old desktop one - with me if I do have to go!

An update tomorrow, a GOOD one I hope!

Mary, I've just caught up with this thread, what a frightening thing for you. I'm so glad you have helpful neighbours that you can call on. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Yes-very scary how fast things can happen. Very smart of you not to wait until morning to get checked at hospital.Make sure you take each and every antibiotic-all of it,even

when you feel well and don't see any sign of infection. Prayers and positive energy still wafting your way!!! :)

Back from the doctor's and thank goodness, I DO get to stay home! WHEW!!! Just keep on taking those horrid antibiotics, doing everything else I've been doing, and if it gets the least little bit worse, then I'll be taking a few days vacation in the hospital. But I have a feeling that isn't going to happen....I do think I've had the heart-stopping scare that the powers that be seem to unload on me every few years. :)

:):p :angry:

Mini mini prayers and healing thoughts to you. And God bless your neighbor for taking you and then staying with you the whole time. That is one special neighbor and we thank her for what she did for you.

Donna