I think I just bought a Garfield

minifan

:giggle:

I'm saying to myself..."really, me, a Garfield!?!...do you seriously think you can pull this one off!?!"

So, it's probably a major mistake because the house is soooo huge and I don't know that I have the skill to pull it off...but I'm getting an UN-BELIEVEABLE deal on it...(will share details when it happens, because it's almost too good to be true)... :)

So...any suggestions...besides buying sandpaper... :p

...I'm getting an UN-BELIEVEABLE deal on it...it's almost too good to be true...
It's been my unfortunate experience that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is; but I hope it works out for you.

It's been my unfortunate experience that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is; but I hope it works out for you.

Yeah, I know... :p Eh, if it doesn't work, it just means that money is in my pocket for another house!!! :giggle:

Congrats, I hope you get your Garf and if you do welcome to the club.

Just remember, it won't throw itself together, it will take time to build but lots of people have done this as a first build so don't worry, you will be fine and if you have a problem, just shout.

Good luck

I know that can (and does happen), but it also happens the other way . . . I never before confessed this to any of you because I am still super mad at myself, but I found an unopened Duracraft farmhouse kit and an unopened cottage kit (can't remember which one) for FREE in Cincinnati and I didn't go get them! DUMB! I had just been to Cincinnati a week or so before that and I felt I couldn't really justify another long trip in my old van. I told a friend of mine about them, thinking she would be excited about them since she was a new enthusiast of miniatures. Well, she was excited about them - so much so that she went and got them immediately, then sold them for a LOT of money. I was really upset because if I had known she didn't want them to keep, I WOULD have made that trip. She actually had the nerve to call me and ask me if I wanted to buy them at these rather steep prices. I turned her down and haven't felt all that friendly toward her since.

Anyway, back to the Garfield . . . WOW, I am SO excited for you!

She actually had the nerve to call me and ask me if I wanted to buy them at these rather steep prices. I turned her down and haven't felt all that friendly toward her since.

HA! I wouldn't speak to her either!!! :giggle:

Thanks, Amanda . . . I just knew you all would understand! I still think about those houses and wish I had them - especially the Duracraft farmhouse, which I definitely don't have!

I think I'm the same...I pass on soooo many good deals...thinking, eh, I don't have time, skill, money...etc. And each time I pass I find myself still thinking about it...knowing that, I will not pass on another good deal next time!!!

Let me tell you about my good deal that turned out to still be a good deal. I found the Thornhill on Ebay one night, had 2 days left for bidding-the seller started the price at $98. I fell asleep and forgot to bid. Dollhouse did not sell. It was relisted, starting bid at $49.00. I ended up winning the bid for $300-much steaper price-but well below the actual value of the house! So...sometimes some GOOd things do still happen.

I say, HAVE FAITH and it will work in your favor!!

And as for your "friend" Rhonda, I WOULD be second guessing if she really falls into that category...or if she needs to take a seat in another area of your life (you know, like the BALCONY)??!!

She actually had the nerve to call me and ask me if I wanted to buy them at these rather steep prices. I turned her down and haven't felt all that friendly toward her since.

Isn't it sad when someone you consider a friend can act that way?? Hopefully another good deal will come your way again -- and don't tell her about it! :giggle:

Yeah, I'm "stupidly" searching online and planning out my floors/wallpaper/etc...things I need to buy, and I don't want to do that until the house arrives in one piece...

My biggest fear is that the person I bought the house from was selling more than one type of house...and I think I've purchased a Garfield, and I'm afraid she charged me what she did and is sending me a smaller Greenleaf house, I really can't believe that the total she sent me was what I should pay for this house...so I don't want to get too excited until it arrives...until I know for sure!!! :giggle:

Any way to contact the seller to verify that you're buying the Garfield and not some other, smaller house?

Well, the title of the email is Garfield, and I keep saying in my emails to her that I can't wait to build the Garfield...but she's not that great about emailing me back...it takes her a couple days to respond to me...

I thought at first she wasn't even going to sell it to me...I sent her an email about it and she said she would get the shipping quote, which is $24 to ship it...but it took her like 10 days to get back to me...I thought she just decided not to sell it to me...

I'm kinda hoping that $24 ground shipping means the Garfield though... :giggle:

I really can't believe that the total she sent me was what I should pay for this house...so I don't want to get too excited until it arrives...until I know for sure!!! :giggle:

So curious...how much did you pay for it?